Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Saturday 7-13-24 Crafting, Games, Puzzle & Having Fun

 

We haven't officially made it to 100 degrees but we've gotten close 98 degrees and 99 degrees  a few times. Today we got to 94 degrees with the humidity of 46%. 


Hot day


Yesterday, Larry took me to lunch to Firehouse Subs. This was our first time being there. We tried a couple of weeks ago on the way home from a car show but it was too busy. We shared a medium Italian sub, which was 8" long. The meal came with a sandwich, a choice of side and a drink. The Italian sub had Genoa salami, pepperoni, Virginian honey ham and melted provolone cheese on a white bun with lettuce, tomato onion and Italian dressing and a deli pickle. For our side we had one their brownies. The service was excellent, The employees were friendly and very helpful. They served the sandwich in two baskets because we were splitting it. The food was good.

Yesterday I forgot to tell you that Larry bought an IPad from E-Bay. It is an older, used IPad. This is the first Apple product we have owned. He wants to play with an IPad just to see how it works compared to his other tablet. The IPad was only 10% charged so he had to charge it before he could use it. He was very happy the vendor sent along a charging cable, it uses a Lighting cable that is proprietary to Apple. Once it was charged he loaded a few camping and hiking applications. He is impressed by how smooth and fast it is. It's as fast as our current tablet which is much newer. It almost half the thickness as our tablet. With it being older the operating system is one level behind the newer IPad's and some applications can't be installed. He is having fun learning about it, he watched a few YouTube videos which helped. So far he likes it but the price premium for Apple products will keep him using other devices.

 

New IPad

Today Larry did another crafting project. He built a Hippie Bus card. After downloading and editing the project he cut the pieces out using the Cameo. He assembled it by using Leo's video, what comes with each Dreaming Tree project. The card came out excellent and very cute. Larry enjoys doing paper projects, he normally edits the files to make the designs smaller, then has to choose paper colors, sometimes design and make paper patterns and many times he makes other modifications.

 

Hippie Bus card

 


Hippie Bus Card Envelope


 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Spider Adventure of 20 games. It took me 2 hours, 6 minutes and 47 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I played pinball for about an hour. I played the weekly challenge Corvette and three other games (Game of Thrones, Medieval Madness and Cirqus Voltaire). I played the challenge five times, Game of Thrones and Medieval Madness two times and Cirqus Voltaire once. I had a great day of pinball.

 

Cirqus Voltaire


Game of Thrones

 

Medieval Madness

 

I worked on my puzzle a little bit.

In the evening we finished watching the third season of Sherlock on PBS. After Larry went to bed I watched X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is the last X-Men in the series. Then I watched Jesse Stone: Thin Ice. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth