Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Wednesday 7-3-24 Crafting, Dancing & Playing Games

 

Have a great day


Larry spent a good part of the day working on his jukebox paper crafting project. He cut the pieces yesterday and today he assembled it. Lots of pieces and careful gluing. He also installed a light inside. The jukebox came out super.


Crafting

The finished jukebox


I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 33 minutes and 38 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Then I moved on playing Angry Birds.

I attended two virtual dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips to 9 participants. Di worked on Relay the Duecey and Spin Chain The Gears. I had a great time dancing with friends.

Second was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. The format was 3 tips of C1, 3 tips of A2 and two trivia questions. During the C1 session we had 6 participants and A2 session had 10 participants. The trivia questions we in between the A2 tips. I had a very nice evening of dancing with friends.


Get a partner and dance


In between the dances I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour.

I played pinball. I played The Bourne Identity, Black Rose, Aerosmith and Fish Tales. Larry installed the virtual reality version of Aerosmith. Then he played it to make sure it worked. It looks and work excellent other than a few bugs that the developer has acknowledged.

 

Aerosmith


Black Rose


Fish Tales


The Bourne Identity


Larry put an add up on Craig's list 6/30/24 and got a phone call last night. The lady said she was interested on taking the coach. She called a few times about coming to get the couch. Last night her brother called and said they would be here between 9:00 and 10:00. They did make it. They called at 10:00 and said they were on their way. They finally showed up at 11:45. They looked at it and she said she wanted it but she needed to get a hold of her friend because he had a truck. They called again while I was dancing to Dave. They showed up to get the couch. They ended up renting a truck from U-Haul. The couch fit perfectly in the bed. She was very happy to get the couch because she has been renting a couch. Now she has her own couch and can return the rental.

 

Good-bye couch

   

In the evening after Dave's dance we started watching the second season of Professor T on PBS. Then I watched The Bourne Ultimatum from our movie collection. I started watching a series on Acorn called The Infinite Worlds of H.G. Wells. It was a four hour 2001 series about H.G. Wells, who foresees the future. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth