Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Tuesday 7-23-24 Dancing with Di & Terry & Pinball Fun

 

Awesome Day


We had an awesome day. 

We were going to drive to Corsicana to dance with our weekly group of A2 dancers. I even got up at 6:30 to get ready. Larry looked at the weather radar and there was rain most of the way to Corsicana. The rain was going to be around much of the day. It's 100 miles to Corsicana and we really didn't want to drive all that way in the rain so we decided not to go. It ended up being the right decision, the rain did hang around much of the day. The rain wasn't heavy.

 

Rainy Day


I was glad we decided to stay home because my allergies were acting up and my feet hurt. My feet are probably hurting because I have a habit of not wearing shoes around the house. I workout barefoot. I do a Jazz routine without shoes where I hop a lot and I do this on ceramic tile. For the last week or so I have been wearing shoes while working out and they help a lot. I'm going to try to continue doing so. Larry has been telling me for years to wear shoes, he has feet problems and always wears some type of shoe.

 

Allergies

 

At 10:00 we logged into Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 12 participants. Larry danced four of the tips with me. During the last tip Di called a couple of four couple moves, which were Motivate and Cast a Shadow because he was asked to call a few four couple moves. We had an outstanding time dancing with friends and to Di and Terry.

 


Having fun dancing with friends


Larry spent the day having fun adding a couple of pinball games to Virtual Reality. The first game was Twilight Zone. He downloaded and installed the game, first in 2D and then in VR. It's a new game to VR so it took him awhile to make it work. It has a lot of things going on in the playfield. After he got it to work he played it and had a lot of fun. Next game was Queen. This game is developed by a guy named Marty02. We really like his games but most of them are 2D and have not been converted into VR. Last week Larry figured out how to get one of them to work in VR so today he thought he would try getting Queen to work. He really likes this table and has not played it in a long time. It took a bit but he got it working, it's not perfect and it doesn't have a VR room but it works well. He had a super game. He also played Judge Dredd. Larry had an outstanding day of playing pinball.

While Larry played pinball I napped. When I woke up I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour. 

While we were on our Spring Trip our neighbor Jason texted Larry about a small motorcycle a friend gave him. He wanted some advice on how to get it running. Yesterday, Jason and Connor needed some help inserting a fuel line into the fuel tank so they came over. Larry inserted the fuel line and sealed it in the tank. The next step was to get the motorcycle to run. It has a carburetor, Larry told them they might have trouble getting it to start. Today Jason texted Larry and asked for his help. Jason and Connor brought the motorcycle over. Larry lubed and adjusted the chain, checked the spark plug, they added some fuel and he got it to run. Connor took it for a ride. Jason and Connor were very excited that the motorcycle runs.  

In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called Bob Marley: One Love. It was a documentary about Bob Marley. It was a good movie. When Larry went to bed I watched The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen from our movies collection. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth