Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Monday 7-1-24 Projects, Dancing & Games

 

Summer Day


It got to 100 degrees at the house but officially it got to 99 degrees. We woke up to 78 degrees.

 

It's hot


Before it got too hot Larry did a few projects. It's the first of the month so he backed up the computer and put bleach in the septic system. He had fertilized the yards awhile back and our grass is growing fast in the frontyard and on the north side. Larry mowed the frontyard and the north side on the side of the house. After mowing he weedeated and edged. Then he blew off the porch and down the driveway. 

 

Mowing the frontyard

We have five irrigation valves spread around the yard. Over time the grass can grow over them making them difficult to find. Every few years Larry paints the covers a bright color to make them easier to locate, he also tries to keep the grass at bay with the weedeater. As he was mowing he noticed he could not see a few of them. It took him a bit to find all of them, between the grass growing over them and the paint being faded they were hard to find. He decided it was time to repaint them, he likes to paint them a bright color so he used some yellow spray paint he had. They were red.


New color for the irrigation covers


While Larry did his project outside I danced. Di Green and Terry McCann have a Monday morning C1 dance at 9:00 but this week Di asked Ett McAtee to cover for her. Di's mum had a hip replaced last Thursday and she and Terry are taking care of her. Ett called four tips to 11 participants. She did a great job. I had fun dancing to Ett and with friends.


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 15 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

Before lunch we went into the garage and took of picture of the old couch. Then Larry put it on Craig's list for free. The new couch is working out great and there's no need to keep the old one.

 

Old couch

 

In the afternoon I took a nap for a couple of hours. When I woke up I worked out on Synth Rider for 45 minutes. Then I played pinball. I played The Bourne Identity, Apollo 13 and Black Rose. I had a great time.


Bourne Identity VR Room


The Bourne Identity


Apollo 13


Black Rose


While I played games Larry read and finished his book.


 

Reading is relaxing


In the evening we started watching Professor T on PBS. Then I watched the 4th episode of the 4th season of My Life Is Murder. Afterwards I finished watching The Alice. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.



 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth