Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Friday 7-5-24 Dancing to Loren, Crafting, Mowing & Games

 

Happy Friday


We had a wonderful day. It was hot but we kept cool under the air conditioner.

When Larry was doing paper crafting he came across a gentleman that designed heavy equipment. Larry built the mine truck back in May of 2022. There are no videos for the projects, simply written directions. It was probably the most difficult paper project he had built, it took quite a bit of time to build and it came out super. He liked the truck so well he downloaded an excavator from the same designer but he never got around to building it. Today he decided to start. He cut the pieces on the Cameo. There are a lot of pieces and no video to build it with so it's going to take a bit to build. 

 

The mining truck

 

Excavator pieces

 

More excavator pieces


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Spider). It took me 52 minutes and 50 seconds to complete, which put me in 25th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

Today I played six pinball games using the new random icon. They were Fun House, Junk Yard, Monster Bash, The Guardians of the Galaxy, Who Dunnit and Playboy. While playing Junk Yard and The Guardians of the Galaxy I entered my initials in as the 3rd high score in the games. When I played Playboy I became the Grand Champion. I had a great day of playing pinball. I also did the weekly challenge of The Bourne Identity game.

 

Fun House

 

Junk Yard

 

Monster Bash

 

Playboy

 

The Guardians of the Galaxy

 

Who Dunnit


I also worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour.


Working out


In the evening we attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. This week we had a guest caller, Loren Smith. Loren use to call on Sunday nights so it was a pleasant surprise. He told everyone he would fill in for Ett now and then. He won't be back on Sundays because there's too much to do in his life and he doesn't have the time. Loren called five tips of A2 to 12 participants and one tip of C1 to 10 participants. Larry danced with me the whole dance. We were the only couple so we were pinned by Loren and other dancers. It was nice to have a partner for this dance. Larry helped me get in the right place at times. We had a super time dancing to Loren and with friends.

 

Get a partner and dance
 

After the dance we went outside to mow. The sun was going down and it had cooled off, there was also a breeze, it was a perfect temperature. I mowed the frontyard and the north side of the backyard. While I was doing this Larry weedeated, blew off the porch and driveway and treated for weeds. Afterwards Larry filled in a few low spots in our yard and Jason's yard. It took us about forty-five minutes.

 

Hold on tight and mow


 

When we went inside we changed clothes and cooled down. We watched the last episode of the second season of Professor T on PBS. Then I finished watching The Infinite Worlds of H.G. Wells. It's a four part series about H.G. Wells, where a report is interviewing H.G. Wells on his short stories of science and scientists. The series starred Tom Ward as H.G. Wells. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.  


 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth