Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Friday 7-26-24 Dancing with Ett, Crafting & Games

 

Why am I excited? Well, I got a jury notification awhile back that requested my presence on Monday 7/29.24. This afternoon I got an e-mail saying I wasn't needed. That's ok now I can dance with Di and Terry on Monday. 


No jury duty


I woke up at 8:00 and had breakfast. Then I went back to bed for a few hours. I woke up on time for lunch.

While I slept Larry started reading a book and in the afternoon he finished it.

Relaxing with a book


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before going to bed. Today the event was Event: Hard Road Mini of five games. It took me 11 minutes and 32 seconds, which put me in 3rd place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

In the afternoon I worked out with Synth Riders for an hour. Afterwards I played pinball. I had an outstanding day of playing pinball. I played four games the weekly challenge of Judge Dredd, Monster Bash, The Flintstones and NASCAR. When I played Monster Bash and The Flintstones I became Grand Champion. 

 

Judge Dredd not today's score


Monster Bas

 

NASCAR 

 

The Flintstones

 

I attended Ett McAtee's weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. She called four tips to 12 participants. She helped me out a few times when I was at the wrong place and told me where I should be. During the dance there was lots of talking about the Canadian Square Dance Convention and they shared a couple of videos of the dancing and zoom room. I had a great time dancing and visiting with friends. 

 

Dancing with friends

 

While I danced Larry did some crafting. He is working on a winter scene Christmas card, it has a cabin and the surrounding area in it. He's going to make four of the cards. Some of the pieces have a lot of detail in them, they took a long time to cut. 

After the dance we watched the Olympics Opening Ceremony on Peacock. It was a preshow so there was a lot of talking. Larry found the actual opening ceremony and we watched it for a couple of hours. They introduced the athletes from different countries and showed a fashion show on a bridge that was made into a runway. Paris, France is known for fashion. I thought some of the fashions were cool looking. This was the first Olympics to introduce the athletes on the river and it was very nice. There were 85 boats, that took the athletes down the river to Paris to the stadium. In the stadium they had the opening ceremony of lighting the torch. They brought the Olympic flag by horseback across the river and down a huge walkway in the shape of the Eiffel Tower. The voice explaining what is happening was AI generated. Paris did an outstanding job of the opening ceremony and the entertainment was great. They lit a hot air-balloon with the torch. They flew the balloon around Paris and Celina Dion did an outstanding job of singing. 

We wanted to have more options to watch the Olympics so we subscribed to Peacock, we will cancel it after the Olympics. Some of it we could watch via our local TV station but we have not watched over the air TV in years, we stream everything. 

When Larry went to bed I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, which is the third movie. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.     


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth