Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Monday 7-22-24 Dancing, Games & Having Fun

 

Raining afternoon

For the next few days we have a chance of rain. It was very humid but the temperature didn't get out of the low 80s. The high was 83 degrees at noon. Then it dropped. This afternoon the rain came in. It rained for a half hour, but not hard. It stayed on and off throughout the evening.

We started the day by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly C1 dance at 9:00 for an hour. Di called five tips to 13 participates. She workshopped the modification of the move Pass the Axle and The Axle. The modification was replace the third part of Pass the Axle with another move and the second part of The Axle. Larry danced four of the tips. We had an outstanding time dancing with friends.

 

Before the dance Larry worked on finalizing documentation for the jukebox for Frank. He put an envelope together that included the documentation, a couple of USB keys, backup Raspberry Pi SD card, templates, digital copies of all the files and a few other goodies. After the dance he got the jukebox ready to ship to Frank via UPS. He also included one of his paper crafting cards.. When he had it ready to go we went to The UPS Store and mailed it out.


Frank's jukebox


Card to Frank


On the way home we stopped by Which Wich Sandwich Shop and had lunch. We had been there years ago and remembered not being very impressed, nothing had changed, still not impressed. It was very confusing and there were no prices. We think the prices were supposed to be displayed on a TV monitor but the monitors were turned off. You look at a paper menu laying on a counter and decide on what sandwich you want. Then there is this long line of bags and you have to figure out which bag is correct for each sandwich. On the bag you mark what you want on it. Then you take the bag to the checkout counter. The service was slow and we thought the price was high, we split a 10.5 inch Italian Grinder, it was about $13. The food was good. The store was unattractive, bare concrete floors, tables and chairs that were plain and nothing in the store to make it interesting. Subway's decor is a step up. A week or so ago we ate a Firehouse Subs, it was a much better experience.

I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Klondike Adventure of 20 games. It took me 55 minutes and 7 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I worked out on the Synth Riders for an hour.

Larry played a few games of pinball; Star Trek, Judge Dredd and The Flintstones. He did excellent in playing Star Trek and The Flintstones. He became an Admiral in Star Trek and #3 in The Flintstones. After I finished working out I played Judge Dredd and got a high score of 206,536,790, which put me in 13th place out of 26 participants. I didn't get on the board in Star Trek and The Flintstones but I had fun. Then I played three games, they were NASCAR, Tales of the Arabian Nights and Junk Yard. In both NASCAR and Junk Yard I became the Grand Champion. We both had a great day of playing pinball.

 

Judge Dredd

 

Junk Yard

 

NASCAR

 

Star Trek

 

Tales of the Arabian Nights

 

The Flintstones

 

In the evening we watched The Remains Of The Day on Amazon. It was a 1993 film starring Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson, Christopher Reeve and many others. It was about a butler's loyalty to his employer leading up to World War II and after. It was not a bad moving but It really didn't go anywhere. Then I watched Taken from our movies collection and finished watching the fourth season of Murder Is My Life on Acorn. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. It's a good start. 

   



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth