Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Tuesday 7-16-24 Dancing in Corsicana

 

It's hot


It got up to 98 degrees today.

We spent the day in Corsicana with our A2 friends. We hadn't danced with our friends in person for over a month. The last time was back on 6/4/24 when Mike Sikorsky was calling. We had a great time. Dale Smith and Glenn Martin took turns calling the dance. We had a full square plus five extra dancers. Some dancers were in Maggie Valley for the C1 week of dancing. The format was two hours of dancing 9:30 to 11:30, one hour for lunch 11:30 to 12:30 and two hours of dancing 12:30 to 2:30. Dale and Glenn did a great job of calling. When the dancers brokedown Dale and Glenn would walk us through the move. It's a long way (100 miles on way) so we don't go as often as we should. The dance is run by computer so everyone had an opportunity to rest.


Get a partner and dance

We got back home at 4:30. We watched our YouTube videos we follow.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 24 minutes and 45 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds. 

I worked on my puzzle while watching television.

In the evening we watched a movie on Tubi called The Professor & The Madman. It was based on a true story about Professor James Murray, who in 1879 became director of an Oxford Press project (Oxford English Dictionary) and W.C. Minor, a doctor who submitted over 10,000 entries while being at Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asylum at Crowthorne. They became friends and colleagues. It was an excellent movie and the acting was outstanding. It starred Mel Gibson as Professor James Murray and Sean Penn as W.C. Minor. Then I watched Star Trek Beyond and Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost on Prime. I ended up doing 17.500 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.  

We had a long day but it was fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth