Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, July 22, 2024

Sunday 7-21-24 Jukebox Project, Games & New Pinball Challenge

 

Just having fun


We had a great day. It was overcast skies with the high of 88 degrees.

Larry worked on his jukebox project for Frank and Eric. To help trouble shoot the new jukebox he took the Raspberry PI and the button circuit board out of his jukebox and moved them next to new jukebox. It took him hours but he finally discovered two things, first he found he had miswired one connection, with that corrected he was on to the next problem. When he was experimenting with getting the original button board to work he had removed a component thinking it might isolate each button and while it helped it didn't isolate all the buttons, he ended up cutting individual circuits. When he modified the board on Franks machine he cut all the same circuits but he did not remove the component, this left two buttons not isolated. He ended up cutting one more circuit and that fixed the problem. Once Frank's jukebox was working he put his jukebox back together. He then installed the button graphics on Franks machine, he designed and made them via his Cameo. Then he put both jukeboxes next to each other, they worked and looked terrific. He took pictures and texted Frank saying they had twins. Frank text back "cigars for everyone". 

 

Twin jukeboxes


The wiring system in the jukebox

 

The front of the jukebox

 

Tomorrow he will update the documentation on how to build the jukebox. Once this is done he'll get the jukebox ready to be shipped. Hopefully, we'll mail it to Frank tomorrow.   

While Larry worked on the project I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 15 minutes and 2 seconds to complete, which put me in 16th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

In the afternoon I worked out for an hour with the Synth Riders. 

Today is the beginning of the week for a new pinball games challenge, which is Judge Dredd. I played last week's challenge Star Trek a few times to get a new high score and failed. My high score for Star Trek was 32,492,820, which put me in 48th place out of 58 participants. Larry loaded the new challenge on the pinball cabinet in both VR and 2D. Then he played it a few times to make sure it worked. Then he changed Star Trek from 3 balls to 5 balls. I played the new challenge Judge Dredd and had a couple of great high scores but the photos didn't come out and you couldn't read the score. Larry worked on it a bit before he went to bed. He will work on it more tomorrow.

 

Star Trek

 

I played three other games. They were The Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones and Who Dunnit. I had a fun afternoon of playing pinball.


Indiana Jones


The Lord of the Rings


Who Dunnit

I worked on my puzzle.

 

Puzzle so far

 

In the evening we watched three episodes of Northern Exposure. When Larry went to bed I watched Mary Poppins Returns. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group for the week with a total of 122,222 steps in the 100,000 step challenge. LIFE IS GOOD!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth