Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 19, 2024

Thursday 7-18-24 Errands, Crafting, Irrigation System & Games

 

Doing This and That


We had a great day of doing this and that.

Larry started the day out by working on our neighbor's (Jason) irrigation system. He dug up the sprinkler and extended the water pipe. Then he adjusted the sprinkler to make sure it sprayed correctly. He didn't fill the hole in because he wanted to make sure there were no leaks. The irrigation system ran and there was no leaks. He was very happy.

While Larry was working on the irrigation system Jason stopped and they talked a bit. Jason has a low spot on the north side of the rental and mentioned this to Larry. Larry said he had been filling the low spots in Jason's yard that are near our lot and he would be more than happy to fill the other low spot for him. 

After Larry finished his irrigation project we went to town to do a few errands. First stop was The Home Deport to get more dirt, we are down to one bag and Larry wanted to get three more. While there he picked up an extension pipe for Jason's irrigation system. They didn't have the actual piece he used to connect the sprinkler to the water pipe. When we got home he ordered the piece off of Amazon.

Next stop was at The UPS Store to get our mail. Then we went to Walmart because I forgot to order a few items we needed yesterday when I did a home delivery. While there we picked up a couple of packs of paper (white and tan) Larry was low on.

 The final stop was at Jack 'n' Jill Donuts to get a couple of donuts.  

 


Louise send me a very cute card. It made my day!!! Thank you Louise.


Birthday card


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Easy Street Mini     of 15 games. It took me 35 minutes and 51 seconds, which put me in 22nd place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds.

I worked out on the Synth Riders for an hour. Then I played four different games of pinball. I played the weekly challenge of Star Trek and three other games (Playboy, Black Rose and Twister). While playing Black Rose I entered my initials twice (one for sinking the most ships and for coming in high score #1). I had a great afternoon playing pinball.

 

Black Rose


Playboy

 

Star Trek

 

Twister

 

While I played games Larry did another paper project. It was a greeting card named Carly, which was named after Carly Simon. Before doing the final assembly he experimented with hair and colors. He cut out all the piece for two different Carly's. Then he decided on the one he wanted. After making the card he made the envelope to go with it. The card and envelope came out excellent and cute.

 

Carly Greeting Card


Envelope to go with card


  

In the evening we watched a movie on Tubi call Suite Francaise. It was a 2015 romantic World War II, where the Germans invade Paris. It was a slow movie but good. It starred Michelle Williams, Kristen Scott Thomas, Mattias Schoenaerts, Ruth Wilson and many more. 

After the movie Larry worked on the Godfather pinball game. There is not a virtual reality version of the game. He installed it a while back and got it to work in VR but the scoring and information screen would not work. He tried multiple things and even wrote in a couple of forums asking for help, unfortunately only one person replied and his input did not help. Tonight Larry read something on a forum where someone was having a similar problem on a different table and how he finally solved it. Larry tried it and it didn't fix Godfather but it gave him another idea. Persistence paid off and he got it working. While the game doesn't have a fancy VR room the table now plays in VR with scoring and information. This table was written by one of our favorite developers and Larry is quite happy to have gotten it working.

After Larry went to bed I watched the last Jesse Stone movie called Lost in Paradise on Prime and Twister out of our movies collection. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.    

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth