Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 5, 2024

Thursday 7-4-24 Happy Fourth of July & Having Fun

 

 

Fourth of July

 

Happy Fourth of July to everyone. I hope everyone had a great day.

Louise and Alice came out to celebrate the Fourth of July with us. Louise arrived at 8:00 am to beat the crowd and road closures from the Fourth of July parade downtown. We visited and had lunch to celebrate. Louise brought out a platter of brownies from HEB for dessert. I made a relish tray (salami, ham, sweet pickles and pepper jack cheese) and deviled eggs to snack on before lunch. For lunch I barbecued Southside sausage links, tortillas and cooked tater tots in the air fryer. The food was delicious. Alice was dressed up with a fourth of July scarf. We hadn't seen Louise and Alice for a long time so it was very nice to have them here. I had fun playing with Alice. We had a super visit. They didn't leave until 12:30. 

 

Fourth of July lunch


Shirley dressed up for her Fourth of July luncheon 

 

In the evening our neighbor (George) had fireworks. We were invited to sit on Jason's patio to watch them go off over the lake but we decided to stay home. What I saw of them they were very nice.

 

Fireworks over Lake Belton


More fireworks

Before going to bed I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. After Louise left I did the event. The event was Event: Free Cell Adventure of 20 games. It took me 2 hours, 54 minutes and 25 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

In the afternoon Larry installed another icon in Popper on the pinball cabinet. Popper shows all the pinball games, that are on the machine. A gentleman had written a program that randomly selects pinball games to play. You set it for how many you want. Everytime we get on the machine to play pinball we have to scroll through all the games we have loaded and decide what to play. This way the machine selects for you. He installed it under the virtual reality icon and set it up for three games. It works great. This way you play games you might not have played in awhile. I played the weekly challenge of The Bourne Identity a few times and didn't get a new high score. Then I had the machine using the random icon select three more. The games it selected were No Fear, Indiana Jones and Star Trek. When I played Indiana Jones I entered my initials for the #3 high score. I had fun playing the games.

 

Indiana Jones

 

No Fear

 

Star Trek

 

In the evening we continued watching the second season of Professor T on PBS. Then I watched Jason Bourne from our movies collection. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth