Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, July 1, 2024

Sunday 6-30-24 New Couch, New Weekly Challenge, Games & Puzzle

 

Relaxing Sunday

 

We didn't have anything on our agenda so we just relaxed around the house.

Larry finished his paper project by making an envelope for Joe Saltel's card. It came out great.


Envelope for Joe's card


After breakfast we moved our old couch to the garage and brought the new one into the living room. We had left the new couch in the garage to air out. We had a window open and a blower pointed at it and for the first few days there was a noticeable odor, the odor has now dissipated. We have a couple of furniture dollies that made the job much easier. We also don't have any steps. There is not a step at any of our entries, even the garage entry, there is only a small bump for the thresholds. When Larry designed the house he wanted to ensure we would be able to get in and out of the house as we aged so most of the house was built to ADA standards.  

The new couch is very comfortable and much more supportive, its about 3 inches taller so it's going to take time to adjust to the new height. The pillows came with it, really like them.


New couch in the living room

 

Larry did a little reading. 

Today is the beginning of a new week so I have a new Weekly Pinball Challenge. This week the game is The Bourne Identity. Larry downloaded the game and installed it on the pinball machine in both 2D and VR. Once it was installed he played it to make sure it worked. It works great. The VR room is very good, you are standing in a CIA firing range, there are are some weapons and a couple of guys shooting on the firing range. Also a couple of Jason Bourne wanted posters on the wall.

Before I played the new challenge I played last week challenge of Game of Thrones I got a new high score of 397,245,440, which put me in 20th place out of 59 participants. I played the new challenge of The Bourne Identity and got my first high score of 713,300, which put me in 9th place out of 9 participants. Then I played a few more games. They were Cactus Canyon, Cirqus Voltaire and Game of Thrones (five balls). I had fun playing pinball.

 

Game of Thrones

 

The Bourne Identity

 

Cactus Canyon


Cirqus Voltaire


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 1 hour, 23 minutes and 33 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group. Then I moved onto Angry Birds.

I worked on my puzzle.

In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called The Age of Adaline. It was a story about a 29 year old woman named Adaline Bowman, she got in an accident that left her where she doesn't age. It was a cute love story. Then I watched The Bourne Identity from our movies. I watched a couple of episodes of The Alice. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group for the week with the total of 122,566 steps.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth