Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Wednesday 7-17-24 Two Dances, Games & Napping


 

We had a great day of hanging around the house.

Larry mowed the front lawn and blew of the porch / driveway. After that he took the motorcycle for a ride. When he got home he noticed one of the neighbors sprinklers was spraying our RV parking spot and the side of our garage, it was not spraying quite a bit of Jason's lawn. He thinks the mowers must have moved or damaged it when they drove across it. Due to how the irrigation folks installed the heads you have to dig them up to adjust them. He sent a text to Jason offering to repair it, he didn't hear back so in the evening he sent it again. Jason replied that he would be thrilled if Larry would fix it. Larry didn't want to dig up his lawn without talking to him.

I started the day by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus dance at 10:00 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips to 12 participants. We had a new dancer to our group for the day so when Di called her three tips she cued more than usual. This was ok because it helped everyone else. One tip she worked on Track Two call and extensions. When she worked on extensions she explained how the extensions worked and where to go. Di and Terry did an excellent job of calling the dance. I had a lot of fun.

I attended another dance, which was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. He wasn't there because he was at the Canadian National Square Dancing Convention. So Karin Rabe and Greg Moore called the dance because a couple of dancers, who have been dancing with them wanted to practice dancing on Zoom. The format was three tips of C1 with 6 participates and three tips of A2 with 8 participants. We had a small group but the dance was very good. Karin and Greg did an excellent job of calling the dance. It was fun dancing with friends.

 

Get a partner and dance

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Tri Peaks Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 6 minutes and 48 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group. Then I played a little Angry Birds.

I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour. Afterwards I took a nap for a couple of hours.

While I napped Larry read. He finished his book.

After the dance we watched a movie on Tubi called My Old Lady. It was a good movie starring Maggie Smith and Kevin Kline. It was a comedy, romantic drama. Then I watched Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Jesse Stone; Benefit of the Doubt. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth