Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 8, 2022

Thursday 7-7 Going to the Movies


 

Just having fun

We had a fun day.

We started the day out by going to the movies to see Top Gun Maverick. The last time we went to a movie was in 2018 to see Fantastic Beasts The Crimes of Grindelwald. The first Top Gun was made over 35 years ago. We own the DVD and enjoy watching it. It was very good. The second one is even better. Once again it stars Tom Cruise and is a sequel to the first one. World wide gross ticket sales have reached one billion dollars, half of that from the U.S. It is a loud action film with terrific special effects and a great story, also proves a movie does not have to be loaded with sex, drugs and foul language to be successful.

Movie time

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 7 minutes and 2 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. I did a couple of games of Jewel.

After playing games I worked on my annual adventure book. 

Our Echo Show in the kitchen has been getting slow. A couple of days ago Amazon put the newer model on sale for 50% off so Larry ordered a new one. It came in this afternoon so he got it up and running. He had to update the new Show to the current version.

Old Echo Show

 

New Echo Show
  

We went to Sun City to dance with the Sundancers C1/A2 tape group at 5:00. We attended the C1 session, which was for an hour and a half. We had a full square and an extra dancer. We had a super time.

When we got home we watched an episode of Sherlock on Crackle. Then we watched YouTube videos. After Larry went to bed I watched Dr. Dolittle starring Eddie Murphy on Amazon. It was a cute movie. Then I watched a couple of episodes of MI-5. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth