Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Friday 7-29 Movie, Lunch & Having Fun

 

Doing the happy dance

We started the day out by going to the new Thor movie, Thor: Love and Thunder has been playing in the theater for a little while and we have been wanting to see it. I really like the other Thor movies but unfortunately I was disappointed in this one, I felt that the script and acting were poorly done. 

 


 

After the movie Larry took me to What-A-Burger for lunch. We had a coupon for a free bacon blue cheese burger if you purchased a medium french fry and 32 oz. drink. The burger was a double meat with cheese, bacon and blue cheese. It was huge, even though we shared the order it was more food than we could comfortably eat. It was ok but I like the regular burger better.

About a year ago Larry bought a used Google Pixel 3a cell phone. He really likes it, says it is the best cell phone he has ever had and he continues to praise it. Well, Google was getting ready to ship the new Pixel 6a and for a week they offered a terrific deal for folks who were willing to trade in their old Pixel 3a, 4a or 5a phones. They offered Larry 3 times what he had paid for the phone and they would throw in a pair of $100 wireless ear buds. While Larry was still really happy with his phone he decided the deal was too good to pass up. 

On the way home from the movie we stopped by the UPS Store, the new phone was waiting for us. Larry spent the rest of the day setting it up. So far he is really impressed. His only concern is battery life, with his old phone he would get 3+ days before he needed to charge it. The new phone has a much faster processor and he is not sure how that will affect the battery. Only time will tell. Google shipped some of these new phones to reviewers a week ago but that was not enough time for them to really evaluate normal battery usage.

The offer from Google ended Wednesday night and was replaced with a new trade in offer, they are now offering less than 1/3 of what they offered the first week and they are no longer throwing in the wireless ear buds. For that Larry would have happily kept using his old phone.

While he was playing with the new phone I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 59 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I worked on my annual book.

In the evening we watched Captain America: The First Avenger The Transformation. We own this movie and have watched it a few times, we still enjoy it. I like this movie a lot better then the one we watched this morning. After Larry went to bed I watched The Legend of Bagger Vance, another movie we own. Then I watched an episode of Rockford Files. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.


    

Watching dvds


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth