Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Friday 7-15 Boating, Dancing & Second Booster

 

Doing the happy dance

Today wasn't as hot as it's been, it only got up to 98 degrees instead of 107. 

We started the day out by going to the lake. The lake was very flat and you could go anywhere and have great water to do any water sport you want. Larry launched the boat. Then he parked the trailer and truck. He walked to where I picked him up the other day. Once again he had to climb into the boat over the bow. We didn't go far, Larry drove the boat out of the cove of the boat ramp to the middle of the lake. Out came the water ski. We wear ski gloves and they're pretty worn out at the finger tips, it's time to change out the gloves. We had new gloves with us so we were in business. The Perfect Pass worked excellent. We both did a set of skiing. Larry took it easy but not me. I couldn't resist skiing hard. After skiing Larry moved the boat towards the boat ramp. Then we got into the lake and swam for a bit. We had a super time at the lake.

Going to the lake

I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes and 47 seconds, which put me in 14th place in my group. Then I played a were games of Jewel. 

I played Angry Birds. The Angry Birds games Larry downloaded yesterday was fun until you have no more hearts left. In order to restore the the heart, you have to wait 30 minutes per heart. Today Larry found another version of Angry Birds. This one is a lot like the old Angry Birds games. I like this version a lot better and have more fun.

After lunch we went to Walmart to get our second booster shot for COVID. We had made an appointment for it. We showed up early and they got us right in. The lady who gave us the shot said they have seen an increase in the number of people getting booster shots.

We watched YouTube videos and an episode of GizWiz.

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2/C1 dance at 6:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. This week the theme was Tie Dye so lots of the dancers wore tie dye shirts. Ett wore her tie dye shirt. Ett called four tips of A2 with 21 participants and one tip of C1 with 20 participants. I had a great time dancing to Ett and with friends.

Ett in her tie die tee shirt

Participants in the dance

Ronnie on the left and his partner in their tie dye shirts

Cindy and Barry from Canada in their tie dye shirts

Karen and Greg

After the dance we started to watch a new series on PBS called Capital. We watched an episode and I wasn't sure what actually was going on so we stopped watching it. Then we watched an episode of Doc Martin. After Larry went to bed I started watching a British detective series called Bergerac. It was aired in 1981 through 1991. It was old but it was ok. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth