Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Monday 7-18 Super Monday

Have a great week

I hope everyone had a fantastic day. 

We hung around the house keeping cool. We virtually dance with people from England, Germany, Australia, Russia and the United States. I complain about it being hot but I can keep cool under the air conditioner. Di Green and Terry McCann live in England and they don't have air conditioning and they're experiencing record highs into the low 100's. Di said they use fans and open the windows. Di said she lives in an old house and she's not sure if the newer houses have air conditioners.


   

Keeping cool

Larry started the day by making cinnamon french toast sticks for breakfast. They came out delicious. Then he finished reading a book on his Kindle. Next he moved on to crafting.

We attended Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly C1 dance at 9:00 am for an hour. Di called 5 tips with 17 participants. This week she worked on the Tandem Concepts. It was very hard because I lost my six phantoms. It's hard enough to do the moves in tandem with a full square of people and no phantoms. I was glad Larry danced with me because he helped me get in the right place. I felt for the single dancers because they had to keep track of seven phantoms. Di and Terry also helped because they danced with us. It was hard and at times I got frustrated and confused but overall it was fun. I enjoy dancing to Di and Terry and with Larry and friends.

Get a partner and dance

Before going to bed on Sundays I play extra Solitaire games because Microsoft added another program. You play certain Solitaire games to unlock different levels of cards and each level you solve three games. Once you unlock the diamond level you get a gold card, which means you double your game points through out the week. Sunday nights they reset the cards. It doesn't really mean much unless you keep track of what level your stats are at. This just gives you more games to play. 

After unlocking the golden card I play the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. After Di's dance I played the Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 6 minutes and 31 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group of 50 players. 

Larry received a shelf via the Home Depot Seeds Program the other day. He installed the unit above the dining room door going outside. Before doing so he removed the old shelf. The new shelf is longer and deeper. It looks very good and some of his craft projects fit better on the new shelf. The shelf he removed he will install on the wall by the back window. We had an Iguana hanging on the edge of the door for many years and now it doesn't fit. Larry relocated it to the wall by the pantry. 

The shelf before it was installed

The shelf installed with Larry's crafting projects on it

I played Angry Birds.

In the evening we watched a couple of episodes of Ripper Street on Crackle. Then we watched an episode of Death In Paradise. After Larry went to bed I watched an episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries and an episode of Bergerac. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

     

 

   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth