Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Wednesday 7-27 Dance Day and New Sound Bar

 

Super day of dancing

I started the day early. I got up about 6:30 to make breakfast for Larry, he had jury duty at 8:00 and I wanted him to have breakfast. After breakfast I went back to bed. When I woke up a couple hours later Larry was sitting in his chair reading. The trail had to be rescheduled so the jury was thanked and dismissed.

I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 27 minutes and 44 seconds to complete, which put me in 7th place in my group. I played Angry Birds.

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 dance at 11:00 for an hour. Larry danced with me. Dayle called two tips of A1 and A2 with 14 participants and one tip of four couple A2 with 12 participants. Dayle called a lot of left handed moves and put us in positions we weren't use to being in, that made it challenging. We had an outstanding time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour and a half. For the next two weeks Di Green will be covering for her because she's in Tahiti. Di danced with Terry while she called six tips of C1 with 31 participants. She worked on Galaxy Concepts, Triple Boxes/Lines/Waves, Tally Ho and any moves the dancers asked her to work on.I had a great time.

Third was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 2:30 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips with 13 participants. I had a fabulous time.

Fourth was Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. Dave Hutchinson couldn't call this week so Karen Rabe and Greg Moore covered for him. The format for the dance was two tips of C1 with 11 participants, four tips of A2 with 11 participants and one tip of C1 with 10 participants. Dave called the three C1 tips. Karen and Greg called two of the A2 tips together, Dave called one A2 tip and the last A2 tip all three called together. I had a fun time.

Get a partner and dance

Our current sound bar for our TV works well but Larry has been wanting to replace it with one that has rear surround speakers. He has been researching them for quite some time, the other day Woot advertised the one he has been wanting. This one was factory refurbished, returnable and came with a factory warranty. It was also $90 less than a new one. It arrived yesterday and looked brand new, it was in new packaging and all of the cords / accessories were new. Over the years we have purchased a few factory refurbished items and have yet to be disappointed. You do have to be careful because some sellers show items as refurbished when they are actually returns that may have something wrong with them and might be missing manuals, cables or accessories. We purchased our current sound bar as a return via Best Buy, it was suppose to be perfect but it arrived in a beat up box and was missing the manual and a cable, Larry downloaded the manual and he had a replacement cable so it worked out but it was not quite like purchasing a new product. 

Larry installed the new sound bar today. We spent quite a bit of time playing with it and getting the settings where we preferred them. It sounds excellent.

After the last dance we watched an episode of Doc Martin. When Larry went to bed I watched The Guardians of the Galaxy and an episode of Rockford File. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth