Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Wednesday 7-13 Boating and Dancing

Living on Belton Lake

We started the day out by going to the lake. We were on the lake by 8:30 am. We haven't had much rain so the lake levels are going down. Due to the low lake level the loading dock is out of the water so we decided I would pick Larry up at the ramp. Larry parked the truck and trailer and walked down to the ramp. He climbed over big rocks to a flatter area without a lot of rocks, that's where I picked him up. He climbed in over the bow. The lake was a little rough but not too bad. As we drove down the lake it started to flatten out. Larry turned off the boat and set the Perfect Pass, which is a speed controller. Then out came the Air Chair. Once Larry was ready I pulled him but the controller wasn't working so I was pulling him down the lake way too fast. I signaled I was letting him down because the controller wasn't working. When I went back to where he was the speed kicked in. He got right up and the speed was perfect at 21 mph. He had a great set. Then it was my turn. I got right up, usually the first time for the season it takes me a few tries. I was a little out of control but once I got control I had a super set. We drove back towards Rogers to do a little swimming. During our boating we saw a few fishermen on the banks and a few fishing boats on the lake. I dropped Larry off where I picked him up at. Once the boat was on it's trailer and up the ramp we wiped it down. We had a great hour on the lake.

Larry chairing down the lake

Me chairing

When we got home we put the boat in the garage.

I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before going to bed. After lunch I did the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 32 minutes and 32 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. I played a few games of Jewel.

I attended three virtual square dances. First was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for a hour and fifteen minutes. Di was covering for her, She called six tips with 23 participants. She worked on Tally Ho, Relay the Top and Galaxy. Di dances with Terry, which helps the dancers out a lot because we could see where we should be. She also cues to help keep us in the right place. Larry danced with me and we had a great time.

Second was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 2:30. I attended the dance by myself. Terry and Di took turns calling five tips with 11 participants. We had a small group but had fun dancing to Di and Terry.

Third was Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. The format was two tips of C1 with 9 participants, five tips of A2 with 10 participants and one tip of C1 with 8 participants. In between tips we did trivia questions. Both Daves did a good job of calling. Both Daves called the last C1 and A2 tip together. I had a great time.

I did a little bit of housework, vacuumed the house.

After the last dance we watched an episode of Grantchester. When Larry went to bed I continued watching the 10th season of MI-5. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group. 

We had a great day. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth