Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Friday 7-1 Canada Day Dance

 

Canada Day

Canada Day is Canada's birthday. It was originally known as Dominion Day, where the three separate colonies of United Canadas, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick were united in a single Dominion within the British Empire on July 1, 1867. It was renamed in 1982.

This evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2/C1 dance at 6:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. We dance with dancers from Canada so we celebrated Canada Day. Some dancers dressed in white and red, which is Canada's colors. In between the tips we had Trivia questions about Canada. Dawn is from Canada and she added a few facts about Canada. We had a mystery caller from Canada show up to help call the dance with Ett. The caller was Loren Smith. Ett and Loren called two A2 tips a piece with 23 participants and Loren called the C1 tip with 24 participants. I had fun celebrating Canada Day with our Canadian friends and other friends. Loren and Ett did a super job of calling.

Canada Day dance

During the day we hung around the house and relaxing. 

I woke up about 7:30 am and Larry was gone. He showed back up a few minutes later. He had gone to Walmart to do some grocery shopping. On the way home he stopped by Top Donuts to buy breakfast.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 14 minutes and 37 seconds, which put me in 22nd place in my group. Then I played a few games of Jewel.

Larry continued playing with the security cameras. 

While Larry played with the security cameras I read and worked out. I worked out with Gold's Gym for a half hour and Just Dance for a half hour. 

 
Just Dance program I worked out with
 
After the dance we finished watching the second season Sherlock. Then I started to watch the 8th season of The Brokenwood Mysteries on Acorn. I watched an episode of MI-5. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth