Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Wednesday 1-24-24 Dance Day & Having Fun


Rainy Day

We had another rainy day. It drizzled on and off all day. In the evening the rain came it wasn't hard but it was steady. The day started with the temperature of 49 degrees and got up to 52 degrees.

I attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling 5 tips to 11 participants. Di workshopped Spin Chain the Gears, Spin Chain the Gears and Exchange and the center part of Load the Boat from waves. Terry called some full square material, this surprised us because he doesn't usually call four couple material. Di and Terry cued through out the dance. This helped me a lot because I was dancing by myself. I had a great time. 

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She called four tips to 15 participants. She worked on Vertical Tag and Tally Ho. She didn't do too much cueing so I struggled through some moves when we were put in positions we're not used to be in and I couldn't see where the phantoms were. I danced by myself and had fun.

Third was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped him call the dance. Dave Hutchinson was there but he didn't call he just wanted to dance with his wife Mary. The format was three tips of C1 to 10 participants and three A2 to 11 participants. Karin and Greg called one tip in C1 and A2, Dave called one tip in C1 and A2 and the third tip in C1 and A2 all three called together. In between the tips in A2 they had a Trivia question. I had a great evening dancing to Dave, Karin and Greg and with friends.

Get a partner and dance

After Ett's dance I worked out with the Wii Fit for a half hour and Just Dance for a half hour using Just Dance 2018 for 10 minutes and Just Dance 2019 for 20 minutes.

Just Dance 2019 songs


Just Dance 2018 songs

I continued working on Lady and the Tramp diamond painting project.

Lady and the Tramp so far

While I danced Larry kept himself busy doing this and that.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Two Games Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Pyramid). It took me 1 hour, 37 minutes and 42 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds. 

I played the weekly challenge of Fun House and got a new high score of 5,388,340.

Fun House challenge

In the evening after my last dance we continued watching the first season of Northern Exposure on Amazon. I watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Then I watched an episode of Father Brown. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth