Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Tuesday 1-23-24 Nasty Day, Dancing, Games & Having Fun

 

Rainy Day

It drizzled all day. The low today was 46 degrees and got to the high of 51 degrees.

The weather report for today was for rain and heavy fog until 10:00 am so we decided not to drive to Corsicana to dance A2. We attended DI Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 14 participants. Di worked on Pass and Roll left and right, Pass and Roll Your Neighbor, Anything and Roll and Motivate From Columns. Larry danced with me and we had an outstanding time dancing to Di and Terry and with friends.

Dancing with friends

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 22 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. Then I moved unto playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

I finished Bambi yesterday so today I started a new diamond painting, which was Lady and the Tramp. I already did Lady and the Tramp but this one has a lot more color in it. 

First Lady and the Tramp


New Lady and the Tramp

Larry spent the afternoon working on the pinball machine. He had installed Fun House yesterday and he was not happy with the sounds. The sounds for Rudy (the main character) were so low you could barely hear him. These sounds (call outs) not only add to the enjoyment of the game they are also important to playing the game, they will tell you things you need to know to improve your score. He spent hours figuring out how to increase the volume of each individual call out, there were 113 of them. Now you can hear what Rudy is saying. Then I played the game because it was my weekly challenge. I ended up getting a new high score. The score I got was 2,576,320.

Fun House

I played a couple more pinball games, which were Great Houdini and Guardians of the Galaxy. While playing Great Houdini I got high score #1. Afterwards I played on the arcade cabinet. I played three arcade games (Pac Man, Pac Mania and Pengo) and two slots/fruit games (Blue Moon and Cake Walk). I hadn't played on the arcade cabinet in a very long time and had a great time. When I played Pac Man I scored 6220, Pac Mania I scored 8980 and Pengo I scored 1660. 

Great Houdini


Guardians of the Galaxy


Pac Man


Pac Mania


Pengo


Blue Moon


Cake Walk

In the evening we started watching the first season of Northern Exposure. It's an old series. It ran from July 12th 1990 to July 26th 1995. It's about a doctor, who was hired to be the doctor in a small Alaskan town for four years. It's still a good series. Then I watched Guardians of the Galaxy. I also started the 11th season of Father Brown. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth