Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Tuesday 1-2-24 Dancing to Ken Burke

 

Playing in the rain

We had an outstanding day of dancing to Ken Burke and friends in Corsicana. We had two squares and an extra person. Ken called from 9:30am to 11:30am, we went to lunch and then Ken called from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. He is a good caller and interacts with the dancers throughout the dance. In between the tips we visited with friends. It was an A2 dance. 

 

Ken Burke


People who danced

On the way to the dance we stopped and filled up the car in Corsicana. We didn't go out to lunch because we brought a salad for our lunch. It's easier just to sit in the hall and visit. On the way home the rain came in. It sprinkled for a bit and when we were about 10 miles from home it rained a little harder. The forecast was correct, it predicted rain would be here about 3:00pm. We got home around 4:30pm just in time for dinner.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games. It took me 20 minutes and 30 seconds, which put me in 39th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

In the evening we watched YouTube videos. We watched the Christmas episode of Beyond Paradise on Acorn. Then we watched a movie called The Wolf and the Lion. It wasn't that good. It had a good storyline about a wolf pup and a lion cub being raised together. After Larry went to bed I watched two movies from our movie collection. They were Chicago and Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth