Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Friday 1-19-24 Dancing, Diamond Painting, Games & Jukebox

 

Cold windy day

We had a cold day. It started at 30 degrees and got to 35 degrees. We had a strong wind out of the north which made it even colder. We are having weird weather, yesterday it got up to 70 degrees and today it only got up to 35 degrees. Tomorrow it's suppose to be 22 degrees in the morning and the high is suppose to be 40.

We started the day out by going to town. First we stopped at the UPS Store to pick up the mail. Then we went to Walmart to pick up a few items.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 18 minutes and 29 seconds, which put me in 32nd place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

I only played two pinball games. I played the weekly challenge of Guardians of the Galaxy and Aerosmith. I hadn't played Aerosmith in a long time and had fun playing it.


Aerosmith

 

Guardians of the Galaxy

I spent most of the day working on my Bambi diamond painting.

Bambi so far

I worked out on the Wii Fit for a half hour and Just Dance for a half hour using Just Dance 2014 for 20 minutes and Just Dance 2016 for 10 minutes.

Songs used in Just Dance 2014


Song used on Just Dance 2016

Larry spent the day working on his jukebox. He built brackets from aluminum to attach the monitor, it was a bit tricky getting the monitor mounted in just the correct position, it had to extend out to the glass and then be centered both horizontally and vertically. Once that was done he started on the speakers. He had torn an old Echo Show apart and removed the speakers. They sounded great in the Echo Show but not so great just sitting on the bench. He figured he would have to build a box to enclose the speakers so they would sound better. Today he hooked up the 60 year old speakers that came in the jukebox and they sounded excellent. He decided to install them back into the jukebox. The Echo Show speakers really add to the sound playing along side the original speakers. He might try to include them, with the limited room and difficult mounting options it would be a challenge.

For dinner I made chicken in the air fryer. It came out delicious. 

Dinner
 

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. She called four tips to 14 participants. She focused on just dancing the moves with very little cueing. I had a great time dancing to Ett and with friends. 

After the dance we started to watch a detective series on Acorn called Steelhouse Murders. We watched the first two episodes of the first season. Then I watched The Avengers out of our movie collection. I watched the eighth episode of Reacher on Amazon. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth