Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Wednesday 5-31-23 Dance Day & Games

 

Beautiful spring day

We had a beautiful spring day. 

I attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 16 participants. They worked on left handed moves and Di worked on center part of load the boat from a wave. Most of the dancers were single so it's very easy to lose the phantoms when dancing a full square. Terry and Di always takes the time out and walk us through moves we have problems with. Di called some four couple moves and cued us through the move. They both did an excellent job of calling and kept the dance moving. I had a super time dancing with friends.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for a half hour. Ett called two tips to 23 participants. She had some technical problems with her music so she called it a day. The tips I danced Ett did a great job of calling and helping us when necessary by telling us the formation or repeating the sequence.

Third was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. This week Dave had an emergency so he was not at the dance but Dave Hutchinson, Karin Rabe and Greg Moore called the dance. The format this week was two tips of C1, four tips of A2 and one tip of C1. Dave called the first C1 tip and Karin and Greg called the second one together to 9 participants. The four A2 tips Dave called the first and third and Karin and Greg called the second and fourth to 10 participants. The last C1 tip all three callers took turns calling to 9 participants. I had fun evening dancing with friends. Dave Hutchinson told us this is his last week of calling virtually because he will be calling in person on Wednesday nights.

I did the Daily Challenge of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the event, which was Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 30 minutes and 53 minutes, which put me in 7th place in my group. I played some Angry Birds.

Today I played five pinball games on the pinball machine: The Black Knight, Godzilla, Scared Stiff, Stranger Things and Queen. I didn't get a new high score on Black Knight but I did get the 5th high score in Godzilla and Grand Champion on Scared Stiff. The Grand Champion score was 6,436,120. I hadn't played Stranger Things since I did it for a weekly challenge. I don't like it too much. You can't change the number of balls from 3 to 5.

Scared Stiff (Elvira)

Stranger Things

Queen

Then I moved onto the arcade machine. I played three pinball games (Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball, Junk Yard and Fast Break) and one poker game (Big 40 Poker). I may not get a new high score or even on the board but I'm having a great time playing on both the pinball and arcade machines.

Big 40 Poker

Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball

Fast Break


 Junk Yard

After my last dance we watched the first episode of the 4th season of Poirot. Then I watched the second Sherlock Holmes movie in our movie collection, which was called Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. I ended up doing 16,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group.

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth