Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Saturday 6-10-23 Visiting Louise, Games & Weather

 

We had a great day. It started out with sunshine and the high got to 100 degrees at 3:00 pm. A front came through about 8:00 pm. It brought rain, hail and wind. The hail lasted about 10 minutes. The rain and wind stayed around.

First day of 100 degrees

Here comes the rain

 

Hail on the back porch

 

The front

We started the day out by going to Round Rock to visit Louise and Alice. Larry and Louise talked the other day and she said her security cameras quit in the back and a bracket broke on one of her blinds. 

I got up at 7:00 and got ready to go. On the way to Round Rock we stopped by Jack 'n' Jill Donuts to get breakfast. We arrived at Louise's house around 8:30. She was surprised to see us because Larry said he would let her know when we were coming, he forgot to let her know.

The first project was Louise's security computer. The computer was one of our old laptops and it had quit, it is about 14 years old so maybe its time was up. Larry had another of our old laptops that is only 9 years old, he configured it for Louise the other day so it was ready to go. He got it plugged in and working on her network.

Next up were her security cameras. Her two security cameras in the backyard were not working. He was able to get the first camera working by re-configuring it but the second camera would not stay working. We had brought along a couple of our old cameras, Larry was able to use one of them, now all four of her cameras were working. 

Then he moved onto fixing one of the new blinds he had hung the last time we were there. One of the brackets had broken. He was glad he had hung the blind up with three brackets instead of two that was recommended. But when he moved the middle bracket to replace the broken one this bracket broke. Louise had an different bracket from another blind, using that, a Dremel tool and a screw Larry was able to get it fixed. Larry told Louise to get in touch with the company, that made the blind and asked them if they would send a few replacement brackets. When we left she e-mailed the company and is now waiting for their response.

I played with Alice and visited with Louise while Larry did his projects.

For lunch we had Tyson chicken wings and onion rings. After lunch we visited with Louise for a bit. Then we said our good-byes. When we left Louise was one happy woman. We were home by 3:00 pm.

I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 22 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

While I played my games Larry played pinball. When I finished my games I played pinball. I played Total Nuclear Annihilation and four other games (X-Men, Attack From Mars, Junk Yard and The Lord of the Rings). Larry had finished added colored scoring to the games and I wanted to see how they look. They came out excellent and the graphics have a lot of color now.

 

 

Before color upgrade

 

Junk Yard after the color

In the evening we watched a movie on Tubi called Inglourious Basterds. It was about a planned assassination of the Nazi leaders in France during World War II. It wasn't that good. In fact it was kind of stupid but was loaded with great actors and actresses (Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Eli Roth and more). Then I watched the last Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two. I started watching a couple episodes of The X-Files but halfway through the first episode the internet went down. I ended up doing 16,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth