Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Friday 6-2-23 Discount Tires, Games & The Boat

 

Happy Friday

It's Friday, hope you have a great weekend. We had a warm day, the high was 88 degrees.

For over 30 years we have been avid boat owners but the past few years we found we were seldom using our boat. Larry looked long and hard for our current boat, 15 years ago he found it in Florida, it was used and is now 23 years old. It was in terrific condition when we got it and we have done our best to keep it that way. Long time followers of the blog know that it never comes out of the water without being sprayed with a detail spray and wiped down. Larry has always repaired anything that needed repaired and it has always been stored in our garage. The boat looks like new. 


Well, we decided it was time to let the boat go. Larry spent days detail cleaning it and even created a website with more than 40 photos. Our boat is a bit specialized, there are very few direct drive inboard ski boats built anymore, most people prefer the larger V-drive boats. Larry was fairly confident it would sell quickly, there are not many of this type of boat for sale and when you add to that ours is a Mastercraft, in terrific condition with all of the factory manuals and detailed maintenance records going all the way back to when the boat was first purchased he simply believed someone would want it. On Wednesday he advertised it on two websites that specialize in our type of boat and within 24 hour it was sold.

Here is a link to the website with pictures of the boat .... Click on the photos and they will enlarge.

2000 Mastercraft ProStar 205 

The new owner lives in Tucson and wanted to have new tires on the trailer before he takes it home. He went online and bought the tires from Discount Tires. We took the boat over this morning to have them installed. We got there around 9:00 and was told it would take a couple of hours. They told Larry to back it up to the side bay. We waited until it was our turn. It's amazing how busy they were. We were right next to the air station for customers. A gentleman was there the whole time and had a continuous flow of traffic. When he got a break he started working on our boat trailer. He removed the tires and another employee took over because the air station was too busy. Everytime we go to Discount Tires we always get super customer service. 

Discount Tire

I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Klondike Mini of 10 games. It took me 48 minutes and 3 seconds, which put me in 28th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

While I played my games Larry played some pinball. He played some games he hadn't played in a long time. He likes teasing me about knocking me off the score board. Some of the games he was successful but others he has a ways to go.

After I finished playing my games I moved over to the pinball machine. I played Black Knight and three other games (Star Trek, Medieval Madness and Monster Bash). Then I moved over to the arcade machine and played three arcade games (Out Run, Pac-Man and Pengo) and one fruit (slot) games (Multi Golden Game). Out Run is where you drive a car on a car course track. Pengo is where you are the penguin and the object is to remove the ice. This was the first time I had played these two of the games and had a great time.

Medieval Madness

Monster Bash

Star Trek

Multi Golden Game

Out Run

Pac-Man

Pengo

In the evening we watched a documentary on PBS called Casa Susanna. It was about gentlemen who cross-dressed in the 50's and 60's when it was against the law. Casa Susanna was a place where they were free to be themselves. It was a great documentary. Afterwards we started to watch a detective series on BritBox called Sherwood. It was the seventh season and was the only one available. It was slow because it will take the whole season to solve a case. Afterwards I started watching the Harry Potter movies (8 movies). The first movie is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth