Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Wednesday 6-7-23 Minnie Maintenance, Dance Day & Games

 

Get in a square and dance

We had a super day.

When I woke up this morning Larry was gone. He took the Minnie to Discount Tires to get the tires rotated. Discount Tire had blocked off their entrance and when he got there at 7:50 there were 11 vehicles in front of him. The store opened at 8:00 and they checked each car in as they entered. They didn't start on the Minnie until about 9:30. He asked if they were going to open another store because it was so busy, they had no idea. 

It seems that every four years or so we have a problem with the exhaust pipes near the rear of the Minnie. Of course it happens when we are on the road and fortunately we have been really lucky in finding places to repair it. Larry crawled under it the other day and found one of the exhaust hangers was not attached at all and another was only connected to one of the two exhaust pipes. One of the pipes is also looking bad. After the tires were rotated Larry took the Minnie to an exhaust place to see if they could work on it. They wouldn't because it would not fit into their bays. We have had this happen before.

After lunch Larry called Moffat Muffler and the gentleman said if he brought it by he would see if he could fix it. While I was dancing to Ett he drove over and they said they could fix it tomorrow. After I finished Ett's dance we took it back and dropped it off.

I spent the day square dancing. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. This week Di called the five tips and Terry danced with her. We had 16 participants during the dance. We had a special appearance from Dayle Hodge. Di cued through out the dance and walked us through the moves we have problems with. I had a super time dancing with Di and Terry and friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 from Germany for an hour. While in Germany Dayle has been calling a lot of dances to the local clubs in different cities. He and his partner Cathy are staying with some of the dancers. He has a group of eight dancers, who followed him to each house. Dayle called two tips of A1, two tips of A2 and one tip of four couple A2 to 12 participants. While calling his dance he had a square of people dancing to him in the same room. He did a great job of calling. I had another fantastic time dancing with friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She called five tips to 18 participants. She worked on Alter the Wave and other moves we struggled on during the dance. I had a fun time dancing to Ett and with friends.

Fourth was Dave Eno, Karin Rabe and Greg Moore's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. The format was two C1 tips, five A2 tips and one C1 tip. In between the A2 tips we did some trivia. Karin and Greg called a C1 tip and Dave called the other one to 9 participants. Karin and Greg called two A2 tips, Dave called two A2 tips and the last tip all three callers called it to 11 participants. The last C1 tip was called by Dave to 6 participants. I had a great time dancing with friends.

 

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 25 minutes and 13 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group. Then I moved onto Angry Birds.

In the afternoon I played some pinball on the pinball machine. I played Total Nuclear Annihilation, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Playboy, Sexy Girl and Strip Joker Poker. I hadn't played Willy Wonka in a long time and had a super time.

Willy Wonka

After the last dance we started watching the 5th season of Poirot. Then I watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Then I watched an episode of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in third place in my group.


 

Relaxing in front of the television


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth