Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, June 30, 2023

Thursday 6-29-23 Dancing, Puzzle, Games & Project

 

We had a relaxing day.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Spider and 10 Klondike). It took me 2 hours, 11 minutes and 3 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends. 

Larry continued working on installing the plunger on the pinball cabinet. The installation and configuration is taking awhile. Larry wanted to mount the plunger where the launch button was. The plunger required a large strange shaped hole. To cut the hole he had to remove the board from the machine which meant removing all the buttons and wiring. He used his mill to add the hole, then since he wants to keep the launch button he had to drill a new hole for it. Once everything was reinstalled and wired the plunger didn't work correctly. He watched a YouTube video and found out he had wired it wrong. He fixed the wiring and it still did not work correctly. He experimented and found that most games worked fine with the plunger but a few did not. Some actually were never designed to use a plunger and only work with a button. Once he is done with everything he may need to tweak a few of the game programs. 

I played a couple of games using the plunger. The plunger is very smooth and it makes hitting skill shots so much easier. Skill shots are made by launching the ball with a specific force or timing so the ball goes where you want.

 He is not yet done, he needs to clean up and label the wiring and when he folds the playfield down the plunger hits the bottom of the cabinet. To correct this he is going to modify the cabinet 

Plunger Installed


We attended Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 dance at 11:00 for an hour. He called four two couple tips and one four couple tip to 13 participants. He is a great caller and sometimes he calls a move and we break down. When this happened he walked us through the move. He site calls so this can be difficult for him because he doesn't write the sequences down. Larry danced with me and we helped each other out when necessary. We had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

I worked on my jigsaw puzzle most of the day. I played a few games on the arcade cabinet. They were Pac Mania, Super Pac Man, Dig Dug and Rolling Thunder. 

In the evening we started watching a series on Freevee called The Librarians. It's a cute series about a group of people, who protect the world. Then I watched Jack Reacher: Never Go Back. Afterwards I watched two episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 16,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth