Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Friday 6-16-23 Saying Good-bye to the Boat & Dance

 

Hot and humid day

We had another hot humid day. According to the weather folks some areas of Texas are having record high humidity, the last few days our humidity has certainly been higher than normal. Today it got to 101 degrees with the humidity of 42%.  

The high today

I got up early. I was out of bed at 7:00 am. Larry was surprised. I wanted to help him get the boat ready for it's new owner (Bruce). We went out into the garage and removed the cover on the boat. We made sure everything that's going with the boat is ready to go. We checked out the boat one more time. Larry received a text from Bruce telling us he was on his way. He arrived at 7:30. Bruce backed his truck up to the boat. They talked about the boat and walked around it. Then they lowered the boat onto the back of Bruce's truck. Larry had Bruce follow him to Arrowhead Park to the ramp. Then Bruce asked Larry to come along with him as he test drove the boat. The boat ran excellent. When they got it back to the house I joined them outside. We wiped down the boat. Bruce was impressed about how well kept the boat was. He taped cardboard to the windshield to protect it from rocks breaking it. Then he strapped the back of the boat down to the trailer to make sure it wouldn't bounce off the trailer. Besides the boat Bruce took one of our wake boards, highline, surfer and both covers and a few other small things. Once he was ready we said our good-byes. He was on the road by 10:30. He has 900 miles to get to Tucson. 

Good-bye boat

After the boat was on the road we drove to Round Rock to deposit the check into our credit union. On the way we stopped by Jack In The Box for lunch. We had the loaded mini tacos. 

Loaded Mini Tacos

I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Tri Peaks Adventure of 20 games. I ended up doing 19 of the 20 games. I gave up after trying to solve it in 6 hours, 10 minutes and 35 seconds. Then I played Angry Birds.

I played a little pinball. I did the weekly challenge of Red & Ted's Road Show and got a new high score of 163,829,270. I played Medieval Madness and Monster Bash. Larry played some pinball. We had a super time.

New high score

Monster Bash

Medieval Madness

I also worked on my jigsaw puzzle.

The other day Larry said he thought I had a flower blooming in my planter. I did not plant any this year nor have I watered for them. Normally as soon as one of them gets a bud the deer eat them. I went outside and looked and sure enough there was a beautiful wildflowers along with a few buds. The plants looked sad so I watered them.

My flower 

The other day the wireless mouse for our computer started acting up. Larry replaced the batteries and that did not help. I probably wore it out playing all my games, of course I have also dropped it on the floor more than once. Larry ordered a new one, it came in today. It's larger and fits your hand very well. I used it and liked it.

New mouse

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. She called four tips to 11 participants. She only called two couple moves and I had a super time.

After the dance we watched two episodes of the fifth season of Poirot. Then I watched the last Jason Bourne movie, which was Jason Bourne. Afterwards I watched two episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth