Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, June 12, 2023

Sunday 6-11-23 No Internet, Waxing the Minnie & Playing Games


 What a wonderful day

Our internet was up and down all day. It went down last night around 12:30 am. When Larry got up it was still down so he used our hot spot to post my blog. He called the provider and was on hold for 50 minutes. The lady on the other end said they got a hard hit from the storm and wasn't sure when it was going to be up. It came up around 9:00 am for a few hours and then went back down. When the internet came up we tried to do whatever we wanted to do but it was hard because it was up and down. It seemed to finally get fixed about 9:00PM.

We started the morning out by continuing to wax the Minnie. Larry turned the Minnie around so the left side would be shaded. Then he polished the overhang above the cab. After putting the wax on he removed the extra wax. I helped by holding the ladder. Next he moved around to the driver side of the Minnie. He polished the top piece of the side to the window. We called it a day because it was getting hot and while the side of the Minnie had shade Larry did not.

While we were working on the Minnie a neighbor came over and visited with us.

I played the event today, which was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 2 hours and 10 minutes, which put me in 19th place in my group. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I played Angry Birds.

Today starts the new week for my weekly challenge in pinball. The new game is Red & Ted's Road Show. Larry downloaded the game and installed it on the machine. While he was installing it he found a software problem. He was pretty sure the problem was caused by something he installed to get the colored scoring working but he had installed a number of things and he didn't know what caused the problem. He finally reloaded the system from a backup he had made last week.

Last week he played a lot of pinball and worked very hard to knock me out of first place in a few games, when he restored the backup those scores were lost. Now he's got a lot of work to restore his status. This is all for fun.

Then we played Red & Ted's Road Show. It's a cute game. The voice of Red is Carlene Carter, who is an American country music singer and song writer. We have some of her songs and we enjoy listening to them. I did get my first high score on the game. It was 104,571,860.

 

High score

I also played a couple of pinball games. They were Rock 'n' Roll Diner and Cactus Canyon.

Cactus Canyon

Rock 'n' Roll Diner

I spent most of the day working on my puzzle.

In the evening we weren't sure about the internet staying up so we watched one of our movies. It was Van Helsing. It is a great movie. After Larry went to bed I watched another movie of ours, Twister. The internet came up at 9:00 pm and stayed up so I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 16,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth