Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Tuesday 6-27-23 Dancing with Ett & Games

 

It's hot

Here in Belton, which is in Central Texas we're having a heat wave. Everyday we get a message on our Alexa devices to be careful because there is a heat advisory in effect. It got up to 101 degrees I'm ready to have relief from the heat.

During the month of June we had 10 days of 100+ degrees officially. This is very unusual. I'm glad we have air condition. Larry follows people on pinball forums who are in Europe and they're having higher temperature than normal. They don't have central air. Some of his parts for the pinball machine come out of Europe and the people who built them say it's too hot to make the parts. I'm so glad for my air conditioner. 

A few weeks ago people from our local neighborhood wrote they hadn't seen any hummingbirds coming to their feeders. We noticed the same thing so I brought the feeders in because I thought they were gone for the summer. A week or so later Larry saw a hummingbird looking for the feeders. I already had the nectar made up so I filled the feeders and once again we have hummingbirds drinking from them. I will continue feeding them until they stop coming.

Hummingbirds return

I started the day out by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance. Ett McAtee called it for them. Di and Terry logged in to say hi and good-bye because they were at the airport waiting to fly out to the United States. Ett called four tips to 9 participants. We only had one couple to pin and they were struggling. I did very well. When we dance with Di and Terry they dance with us and call. This helps the dancers because we know where we should be. You don't realize how much you rely on Di and Terry until they're not there. Ett did a super job. I had a great time dancing with friends.


    Having fun dancing with friends

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 5 games. It  took me 19 minutes and 13 seconds, which put me in 35th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

After lunch I took an hour nap and Larry read. When I woke up I setup the card table and brought my jigsaw puzzle out. I started assembling more of it. This part of the assembly will be slow because it's all the same color. Yesterday, I brought out a lamp to help me see show the pieces fit together.

We played some pinball. Larry had a bad start in playing but by the end he ended up having an outstanding day playing. I played the weekly challenge of Who Dunnit and got a new high score of 1,001,284,120. I also played 8 other games: Junk Yard, Mustang, Theatre of Magic, The Matrix, Star Trek, Batman, Playboy and Strip Poker. 

Playing pinball

New high score

 

Star Trek

Mustang

 

Junk Yard

In the evening we watched a movie on Freevee called Joy. It was about Joy, who becomes the founder and matriarch of her family business. It was a cute movie starring Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro and Bradley Cooper. Then I watched the third Star Trek movie called Star Trek Beyond. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth