Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Friday 6-9-23 Waxing the Minnie, Dance & Games

 

Happy Friday

We had a super day. It got up to 95 degrees.

I got up at 7:00 this morning and made pancakes for breakfast.

Before it got hot we went outside and started waxing the Minnie. Larry pulled the Minnie to the front of the garage. As I mentioned last week Larry bought a new spray on wax that he wants to try out. It is a ceramic wax that you spray on and then wipe off. We started on the right side. Working on a ladder Larry waxed and wiped the upper part down. I helped with the the lower part. Then he moved onto the left side where it needed a bit of polishing before it could be waxed. I worked on the cab. I used Simply Green to remove some dirt. For years Larry has been telling me to be careful using powerful cleaner like Simple Green and Awesome because they remove everything and can even damage some things. He was right. Where I had cleaned it left a streaks and I couldn't get it off. Larry also tried and wasn't successful. He finally had to get the buffer and polish the area with another wax. The streaks came off and that area shined great. Then he moved to the back of the Minnie. He decided to use the buffer on this area. It looks great. By the time we finished the back it was time for lunch and it was starting to get hot. We still need to polish and wax the left side and the overhead. That will have to wait a day or two.

Waxing the Minnie

Buffing out the hood

Larry spent the afternoon working on getting more pinball games to use colored scoring. It took a lot of research, experimenting and time but he got most of them working. There are still two formats that are giving him troubles. He will keep plugging away at it.  

I spent the afternoon playing games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 44 minutes and 4 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. Then I moved onto Angry Birds.

After Angry Birds I worked on my puzzle. 

I played games on both the arcade machine and pinball machine. 

On the arcade machine I played three pinball games (Corvette, Elvis and Dolly) and one fruit game (Golden Shot). I didn't remember previously playing Corvette but I discovered my initials had been entered for getting a high score so obviously I had played it.

Corvette

Dolly

Elvis

Golden Shot

On the pinball machine I played Queen. Larry was excited because he could check out the color scoring screen. It wasn't working quite like he wanted so after I finished he made a change and now it works perfect.

Queen

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. This week Ett called four tips to 13 participants. We just danced and I had a super time dancing with friends.

After the dance we watched the sequel of The Huntsman and Snow White on Tubi. The movie was The Huntsman: Winter's War. It was a very good movie. After Larry went to bed I watched the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory starring Gene Wilder on Tubi. It was a good movie. Then I watched an episode of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth