Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Friday 6-23-23 Dancing, Games & More

Smile and have fun

It's Friday. We had another hot day of 100 degrees.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Experts Only Mini of five games. It took me 1 hour, 39 minutes and 22 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

Larry had a busy day packaging items to be shipped. He sold our hard shell bindings for our water skies, a propeller for our old boat and a remote control. After getting them ready we went to town to mail them at the UPS Store and post office. While at the UPS Store we picked up a package that was waiting for us. 

The package was the part for a laptop monitor that Larry ordered from China.

Larry read a book and played pinball. I worked on my puzzle and played pinball. I played The Addams Family and got a new high score, which was 78,387,840. The other games I played were Great Houdini, Theatre of Magic, Scared Stiff and Total Nuclear Annihilation.

 
The Addams Family new high score
 

Scared Stiff

 

Theatre of Magic

Total Nuclear Annihilation

I assembled more of the York jigsaw puzzle.

York puzzle

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. She called five tips to 13 participants. Today she concentrated on Linear Cycle. I had a great time dancing with friends.

While I danced Larry worked hooked up the part he received from China to the old laptop monitor. It works great.

After the dance we watched a movie on Freevee called Drag Becomes Him. It was a documentary about Jinx Monsoon, a drag performer. It was a good movie. Probably not for everyone since there seems to be a push across the country to outlaw drag performances. I know Texas just passed a law targeting it. The Texas law is aimed at stopping minors from being able to see such things.  

Not sure why it is such a big deal. Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon performed in drag in Some Like it Hot all the way back in 1959. There have been plenty of famous stars dress and perform in drag on TV and the movies. At some point they will probably get around to try banning these movies and shows. 

After Larry went to bed I started watching the 10th season of Father Brown. Then I watched a couple episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth