Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Saturday 6-24-23 Darren's Dance & Games

 

Smile and be happy

It's hot!!! We kept cool indoors under the air conditioner, well, I should say I kept cool. Larry did a bit of work in the driveway, it was hot but there was a really strong wind which helped a bit.

I have talked about joining a weekly pinball league. The participants are all over the world. The competitions run for 13 weeks. Participants are put in different divisions based on how they score. Each week you earn points based on where you place. I don't really know how the leagues work but its ok. I always come in toward the bottom of my division. Two weeks ago the thirteen weeks ended and I came in first place in my division. 

I nor Larry have any idea how this works. Larry e-mailed Ian who started and runs this league asking how the challenge actually works. He didn't answer the question but he congratulated me on coming in first place with a thumbs up. I guess it really doesn't matter. I enjoy participating and we get to try out new games each week so I'll keep playing. 

The first game for this thirteen weeks is The Addams Family. The challenge ends tomorrow I'm in 30 place out of 40 participants. The new game is Who Dunnit 1947 (Bally 2021).

Today Larry and I played some pinball. I played The Addams Family, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Red & Ted's Road Show and Tales of the Arabian Nights. While playing Total Nuclear Annihilation I got a top score, which put me in high score #2. When I played Red & Ted's Road Show I got the high score #1. Larry installed the new weekly challenge Who Dunnit and we played it a bit.

 Red & Ted's Road Show

Total Nuclear Annihilation

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Pyramid Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 16 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. Then I moved over to playing Angry Birds.

I attended Darren Gallina Mainstream/Plus dance at 1:00 for an hour. Darren called one tip of Mainstream with 11 participants and two tips of Plus with 13 participants. I had a great time.

Larry spent much of the day working on his update for the larger scoring monitor on the pinball machine. Had to get out his saws to build a new piece that will be used for the monitor and speakers. He is not finished, more work will be done tomorrow.

In the evening we watched the movie Ithaca on Amazon. It had a lot of big stars but wasn't very good. I have no idea what the point of the movie was. Afterwards we watched an episode of Poirot. After Larry went to bed I watched an episode of Father Brown and three episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth