Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Tuesday 6-13-23 Housework, Projects, Dancing & Games

 

Hot humid day

We had a hot humid day with a high of 91 degrees. This didn't stop us from keeping busy doing this and that.

By 6:30 Larry was out working to finish resealing some of the seams on the Minnie. Then he sprayed for weeds. He was finished with both projects about 8:30.

Our neighbor Jason is building a new house on his lot to the north of us. He asked if his framers could plug into our electricity, he hasn't put in the paperwork for temporary power yet. This morning they strung an extension cord to get power. 

New home going up

 

Being neighborly

We attended Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 10:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Di called the dance by herself and Terry danced with her. Terry was too hot to dance and call. Di did an outstanding job of calling, cueing and dancing. Di called five tips to 13 participants. Larry danced with me. We had a great time dancing with friends. 

Dancing with Larry

I had done any housework for about two weeks. So after lunch I dusted, vacuumed, washed the kitchen floors, cleaned the bathrooms and laundry.

Doing housework


Last week Larry bought me a new pair of shoes from Orthofeet. He has been wearing shoes from this company for quite a few years and really likes them. I could wear any shoe and be happy so I always got whatever I liked that was a bit less expensive. Lately I have been having problems with me feet and Larry thought these shoes would help. I got them yesterday. They are walking shoes. Once you tie the shoes you don't have to tie them again because they have a tab that is held in place by Velcro. When you take them off you just release the Velcro and slide your feet out of them. They fit perfect and are very comfortable. When you buy shoes from Orthofeet they ship extra arch supports.

Velcro to hold laces together

 

New shoes

Larry spent part of the afternoon straightening up his workroom.

We brought an old laptop computer home from Louise's the other day. It is about 14 years old and had quit working. Larry was able to determine the hard drive had gone bad but the machine is so old and slow it's simply not capable of running very much. Rather than repair or dispose of it he decided to take it apart and possibly use the monitor on our pinball machine. The pinball machines scoring monitor is 7 inches and the laptop monitor is almost 11. He will have to do quite a bit of work to make it fit but he thinks it will be fun. To make this work he needs a controller board for this specific monitor and the only place he could find one was in China, he ordered it and it is suppose to be here by the end of the month. 

 

Old laptop in pieces

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Spider Adventure of 20 games. It took me 3 hours, 43 minutes and 43 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

While I was playing my games Larry played some pinball games.

After I finished playing games I played pinball. I played Red & Ted's road Show and got a new high score of 138,707,900. Then I played four more games, Cactus Canyon, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Godzilla and Great Houdini.

New high score

 

Creature From The Black Lagoon

 

Great Houdini

In the evening we watched Waterworld on Tubi. We hadn't watched it in a long time and it was still a great movie. Then I watched the first Jason Bourne, which was The Bourne Identity. Afterwards I watched an episode of The X-Files. I ended up doing 16,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.



    



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth