Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Saturday 6-17-23 Dance, Surprise Gift & More

 

Awesome Day

We had an awesome day. It was cooler than it had been. It only got up to 92 degrees and we had a breeze.

I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 19 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 25th place in my group. Afterwards I moved on to playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends. 

 Angry Birds characters

Larry started a book this morning and finished it late in the day. He said it was a really good book. He also played a few games of pinball.

Reading is fun

We received an e-mail from the UPS Store saying we had a package waiting for us. So off to town we went. They only had a couple of people working at the UPS Store so it took Larry a bit to get our mail. The package was from my niece (Ashley). I was excited so the moment Larry handed it to me I tore it open . She had written a children's book called Sonoran Desert Sunburn an Alphabet Book. 

On the way home we stopped by Little Caesar Pizza and picked up a pizza for lunch. Then we stopped at a Mobil gas station and filled the car.

Lunch and dinner

When we got home we read Ashley's book, she did a great job of writing and doing the illustrations in her book.

Ashley's book

I attended Darren Gallina' Mainstream and Plus dance at 1:00 for an hour. It has been awhile since he had a Saturday dance so it was a great surprise. His partner Thom Dang said they will have another dance next week. Darren and Thom danced the dance and Darren called it. The format was one tip of Mainstream and two tips of Plus. Each tip had a singing call. In between the tips they had trivia. Darren had 11 participants. It was a small group but I had a super time.

After the dance I played some more games. I played three pinball games, Rock 'n' Roll Diner, Red & Ted's Road Show and Tales of the Arabian Nights. The color screens that Larry added to the pinball cabinet are outstanding. Then I moved over to the arcade cabinet. I played three pinball games (Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball, Batman and Rolling Stones) and three slot games (The Lord of the Rings, Games Bond and Double Diamonds).

Batman

Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball

Tales of the Arabian Nights color screen

 

Games Bond

 

Rock 'n' Roll Diner

 

Rolling Stones

Yesterday, I had one flower and today I had a second one. In the next day or two I'm going to have a couple more. It's amazing I don't take care of them and they still grow. Remember the other day I wrote we put dirt down by the septic tanks. While I was checking on my flowers I noticed, that the grass is coming through the dirt. 

Two Flowers

Grass coming back

In the evening we watched Night Train to Lisbon on Tubi. It was a slow moving movie but was very good. Then I started to watch the Black Knight three movies series. I watched Batman Begins. Then I watched an episode of The X-Files. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group.


   


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth