Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, June 19, 2023

Sunday 6-18-23 Happy Father's Day

 


Happy Father's Day. I hope all of you fathers had a great day we did. It was a hot day with a high of 100 degrees.

Another hot day

I asked Larry what he wanted to do for father's day and he said he would like to play real pinball. Austin has a few places to do so. One of them is Cidercade on Lady Bird Lake. We were there a little before they opened at 10:00 am. It cost $10.00 each to play all day. They have 150+ arcade games, which includes classic games, 17 pinball games, fighters & shooters, driving, sports and more. They also have a snack bar. You check-in at the front door outside. They only accept credit cards and then they put a band on your wist. 

Modern pinball games have recordings that play telling you what you need to do to score more points or to make something happen, these are called call-outs. They will tell you that extra ball is lit and if you hit a specific thing you will earn an extra ball, they will also tell you if you shoot the left ramp at the right moment you will earn extra points. There are many of these call-outs and it is important to hear them so that you know what to shoot at and when. Unfortunately the volume on the arcade machines were so loud that you simply could not hear the call-outs or any of the other sounds pinball machines make. We had planned to play a bit, have lunch and play a bit more but after an hour the place was busy and the noise level had become unbearable. They did have a nice selection of pinball games, some we have on our virtual machine and the machines were in great shape. We enjoyed playing but the noise level was too much.

Cidercade

 

Jurassic Park

 

Stranger Things

 

Deadpool

 

Avengers

 

Led Zeppelin

On the way home we stopped in Jarrell at Denny's for lunch. They were busy but we got right in and had a great waitress. We both had pancakes and when it was time for the check she told us that a couple across from us had paid our bill for Father's Day. What a very nice surprise.

Another pleasant surprise was the traffic, we traveled all the way to downtown Austin on I35 and back to Belton without any traffic issues. Anyone who drives this stretch would think this to be unbelievable.

When we got to Belton we stopped by Ace Hardware to buy a part for our outside hose bib that the construction workers took with them by accident. The clerk sold us a piece that he said would work, Larry was not so sure but the clerk was certain. 

When we got home we relaxed the rest of the day.

I setup the card table to work on my puzzle. I couldn't keep my eyes open so I took a nap. 

While I was napping Larry did a few things. The piece that we bought at Ace didn't work so Larry found one on Amazon and ordered it. Today starts my new pinball challenge, which is The Addams Family. We already have it so he just had to change the game from 5 balls to 3 balls.

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Free Cell Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 55 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 6th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I played the weekly challenge of The Addams Family and got a high score of 3,414,370.

High Score

In evening we watched a movie on Tubi called Philomena. It was based on a true story of a 50 year old woman teaming up with a reporter to find her son who was taken from her. It was a good movie starring Judi Dench and Steve Coogan. Then I watched The Dark Knight from our movies. I watched an episode of The X-Files. I ended up doing 16,000 steps, which put my in 4th place in my group for the week with 115,203 steps.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth