Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Wednesday 12-14 Dance Day & Pinball

 

Awesome Day

We had a cool day. We woke up to temperature of 54 degrees and got to 63 degrees. There was a lite breeze. I'm glad I'm in Central Texas because some of the square dancers I dance with are getting snow and blizzard warnings.

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips with 14 participants. Di called a few challenging calls such as: Coordinate and Track Two. She put us in positions we weren't use to being in so she cued us through them. I had a super time.

 

Di and Terry's Plus participants

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. Larry danced with me. During the dance Dayle called two tips of A1 with 15 participants, two tips of A2 with 14 participants and one tip of four couple A2 with 14 participants. Like always Dayle put us in different positions, which made it challenging. He helps by cueing. We had an outstanding time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. She called five tips and had 16 participants. When the dancers were having problems she would redo the sequence and cue. I had a great time.

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. Karen Rabe and Greg Moore helped him call the A2 tips. Dave Hutchinson use to call with Dave but he has been having medical problems. Yesterday, he just had his left leg operated on and he's in the hospital for another week. Karen came up with a cool idea of giving him an electronic get well card. Dave asked us write a get well message on a piece of paper. Larry helped me with the get well message. After the first A2 tip we all showed our message and Dave took a screen shot of the messages. Everyone wrote a message to Dave. The format tonight was two tips of C1 with 9 participants, five tips of A2 with 11 participants and one tip of C1 with 8 participants. Karen and Greg called two of the A2 tips and the last A2 tip all three called together. I had a fun evening of dancing with friends.

 

Get well message for Dave 

In between the dances I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 7 minutes and 36 seconds, which put me in 14th place in my group. I played Angry Birds. 

I finished reading The Poison Keeper. It was a good historic fiction novel.

Larry continued working on the wiring of the pinball machine. There are a lot of wires, he rewired all the buttons cleaning up and labeling as he went. When he finished we played pinball for a bit to make sure everything runs correctly. The machine is running great and looks super.

Checking out the pinball machine

 

Playing pinball (James Bond)

 

Playfield monitor displaying the pinball game

After the last dance we watched an episode of Death In Paradise. Then I watched a Christmas movie called Your Christmas or Mine? on Prime. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of My Life Is Murder. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth