Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, December 1, 2022

Wednesday 11-30 Doctor Appointment, Cabinet & Dancing

 

Awesome Day

We had a cold day with sunshine and wind out of the north. Yesterday it got up to 85 degrees and today it didn't get out of the low 50s. 

We started the day out by going to Larry's yearly Wellness appointment at 8:00 am. I got up early to go with him. They got him right in. The doctor was very impressed, everything looked outstanding. The lab reports were excellent, his weight was fantastic and his blood pressure was great. The doctor wished his other clients were just as healthy.

Yearly Wellness appointment

After the doctor appointment we swung by Ace Hardware Store to get a piano hinge for the pinball cabinet. Next we stopped at Walmart to buy another can of flat black paint. While there we picked up some pecan sticky buns for our breakfast. Last stop was the UPS Store to pickup a package and our mail. The package was from Larry's aunt Barbara. It was Christmas gifts, she also sent chocolate clusters with nuts (walnuts, cushews and peanuts), caramel pop corn and Russel Stover candies. 

Doing errands

When we got home we worked on the playfield cabinet. Larry installed the hinge and finished cutting out the access door. Then we started working on the electronics. Today he made a cutout for the on and off switch. Then he made a block out of plastic to hold another component for the power system. It's going to be a slow process but Larry's having fun.

While waiting for Larry at the doctor's I did some Sudoku games. 

I attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. Larry danced with me. Dayle called two tips of A1 with 13 participants, two tips of A2 with 12 participants and one tip of four couple A2 with 10 participants. We had an outstanding time dancing with friends.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for and hour and fifteen minutes. I danced by myself and Terry and Di showed up to dance before they went to the airport to fly back to the U.K. We had 24 participants for the five tips Ett called. Ett asked if she should stop cueing as much but everyone told her to continue cueing the way she has been. I had fun dancing to Ett and with friends.   

Third was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. Karen Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the five A2 tips with 13 participants. During the three tips of C1 we had 10 participants. I had a good evening of dancing to Greg, Karen and Dave and friends.

Get a partner and dance

In the afternoon I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong, this month I solved all the games so I got perfect score. The event today was Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 8 minutes and 51 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group.

After the last dance we watched an episode of Death in Paradise. Then I watched the movie Guardians of the Galaxy. I watched an episode of the Eleventh Hour. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 5th place in my group. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth