Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Saturday 12-26 Boxing Day Dance


A beautiful day 

 

It was a beautiful day with sunshine. The wind came up in the afternoon.

Today was Boxing Day. Boxing Day is a holiday celebrated the day after Christmas. It originated in Great Britain, servants got the day off and were given a gift box from their employer. The servants got to go home and give gifts to their family. The gifts are given in a box.

We attended a special Boxing Day virtual square dance at 1:00. It was an A2/C1 dance, Ett McAtee, Loren Smith and Di Green called. It was a fundraiser for the organization called Doctor Without Borders. All monies donated by the dancers went to Doctor Without Borders. The A2 session had 67 participants and the C1 session had 65 participants. Each session had three tips. We had a super time.

 


When we weren't dancing we relaxed around the house. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Spider Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 47 minutes and 54 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. I also did some Mahjong games. We watched an episode of GizWiz and YouTube videos.

In the evening we watched The Guardians of the Galaxy from DVD. Last night I started watching the first season of George Gently on Acorn and finished it tonight. George Gently was a detective series, it's very good. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in second place in my group.  

  

Relaxing in front of the television
  

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth