Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Tuesday 12-29 Running the Dishwasher


Hold on tight

 

We had a windy overcast day. It got up to 70 degrees. By evening it started to sprinkle.

Larry started the day out by going to town to pick up our mail, we had not been to the UPS Store in about a week and the box was full. Then he went to Walmart to pick up a few things. He likes to beat the crowd so he was there before 8:00. He said very few people were there.

Later in the day we received an e-mail from the UPS Store indicating we had a package. It was some 4ft bulbs Larry ordered for the kitchen and workroom lights.

I worked on my Solitaire games. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 52 minutes and 31 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group. Today was Tri Peaks Tuesday so the points of Tri Peaks games were doubled. I played some Mahjong games. I also did some Sudoku games.

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00 for an hour. This week Dayle invited Blaine Knupp to come and help call. They both called two tips a piece. Blaine also did a couple of singing calls. We had 36 participants. We had a great time.

The second one was Di Green and Terry's Weekly A1/A2 Workshop at 1:30 for two hours with a fifteen minute break in between each session. We had 34 participants for the A1 and 32 participants for the A2. Each session Di and Terry called five tips. I danced the A1 session by myself. We had an enjoyable afternoon dancing to Di and Terry.

The third one was Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. We had 56 participants. Don called five tips. During the fourth tip Don worked on all four couples moves using phantoms. One move was motivate. We had fun dancing to Don.

 

Square dancing is fun
 

When I danced Di Green's A1 session Larry replaced the light bulbs in the kitchen. He also worked on replacing some of the bulbs in his workroom, he has to rewire the fixture for the new bulbs so he did not get finished.

Larry has been fighting with the drain in the kitchen smelling for awhile. He has takes the plumbing apart and cleans it and the odor goes away but then after a couple of months it returns. We decided to use the dishwasher and see if that might help. This is our third house, each house had a dishwasher but I never use them. It's only Larry and me so there's not a lot of dishes and I prefer to do them by hand. We had to get the manual out to see how to use it. We have been in this house going on 7 years and this was the first time the dishwasher was turned on. We found out it takes a long time, no wonder people forget to unload their dishwashers. The washer ran prefect. 

After Don's dance we watched three episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. Then I watched the third season of George Gently. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group with 55,508 steps.         

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth