Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Saturday 12-19 Phil Ochs Zoom Concert


We had a great day hanging around the house.

I started the day out by doing my Daily Challenges and Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 13 minutes and 28 seconds. Then I did a few Star Club Challenges games. In the afternoon I did some Mahjong games.

 


 Mahjong games I play

 

We watched a couple of episodes of the GizWiz and some YouTube videos. 

In the evening we watched a Phil Ochs Concert celebrating what would have been his 80th birthday. It was a two hour concert on Zoom. Phil's sister Sonny Ochs hosted the concert at the Woody Guthrie Center but it was all virtual. Sonny invited Emma's Revolution, Greg Greenway, Pat Wictor, Reggie Harris and Tom Prasada-Rao to perform. Tom Paxton made a special appearance. All the performers did a great job of singing Phil's songs. The concert started out and ended with all the performers singing together. During the concert each performer sang a song or two of Phil's. Tom Paxton talked about his friendship with Phil and sang one of Phil's song. It was very relaxing.

 

Pat Wictor


Emma's Revolution


Reggie Harris


Tom Prasada-Rao

Greg Greenway
    

After the concert we listened to a couple of episodes of Tom Paxton's Still Ramblin' Radio Show on YouTube, where Tom interviewed John Prine and Pete Seeger. During the interview John and Pete sang a few of their songs. Then I watched two Christmas movies on Amazon, they were Most Wonderful Season of the Year and Angels in the Snow. I ended up doing 24,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group with 162,663 steps.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth