Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, December 21, 2020

Sunday 12-20 Doing This and That

 

We had a beautiful day with blue skies. It got into the 60's, cold enough for a lite sweater. 

I started the day out by doing my Microsoft Solitaire games. Today it was called Solitaire Sunday, which means all Klondike games points are doubled. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Klondike Mini of 10 games. It took me 17 minutes and 44 seconds to complete, which put me in 2nd place when I finished but by the end of the day I was in 4th place in my group. Then I played a few Star Club Challenges. Later on I played some Mahjong games.

It was such a beautiful day we decided to go for a walk at Crossroads Park. We walked around the park for 40 minutes. We saw a few people walking the trail and families using the batting cages. We started the walk with a jacket on but shortly afterwards the jackets came off. We had a very pleasant walk.

Larry and I did a few little home projects. The first one was backing the RCA computer.

The next project was installing a security camera. A couple of weeks ago Larry installed a electrical outlet on the back porch for a security camera that we have been using to watch the squirrels and birds on the back porch. We have been using it via an extension cord from the original outlet, it was messy and unsafe. Larry decided to finish this up. He strung a cable from the new box to where he wanted the camera. Then he attached the cable with plastic cable clamps. Once the cable was tacked into place he plugged in the camera. It looks great. 

 

Stringing cable from outlet to camera location


The camera electrical outlet Larry made and cover he painted
 

Secured above
 


 The finished project

The final project was to clean up the garage. We went through boxes we had storing stuff. We had five boxes of stuff for water skiing and boating. As we were going through the boxes it was hard for us to decided what to throw away, what to keep and what to donate to Goodwill. We got it down to three boxes. We decided to donate items that we hadn't used in a long time, such as a air tank and a couple of water skies we hadn't used in years.  We also threw away an old television antenna for the Minnie. Now the garage looks better, still too much stuff but better.  

We attended one virtual square dance. Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 dance at 7:30 for an hour and a half. This week Loren invited Barry Clasper to join him and help call the dance. They called 4 tips of A2 and 2 tips of C1. We had 28 participants in the A2 and 24 participants in the C1. This was the last dance for the year. It was the Holiday dance, where the dancers wore Christmas sweaters and one dancer, Dawn was dressed up as an elf. We had an outstanding evening of dancing with Loren and Barry.

After the dance we watched an episode of Yorkshire Vet. Then I watched an Acorn mini series called State of Mind. It was about a woman finding out about her husband having an affair. She takes her young son to live with her mother and tries to deal with the separation. It was an ok movie. Then I started watching a series called The Advocates, which is about a young lawyer Ewan Stewart investigates a prostitutes drug overdose. I ended up doing 25,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group. I ended up doing 187,669 steps for the week.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth