Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Wednesday 3-11 Just Another Day



Today was just another day hanging around the house. Larry is still fighting a bug of some sort. He finished reading a book and started another one. I went to town to do our weekly grocery shopping and pick up our mail. This is the first time I went to town by myself since we have been living in Belton. 

When I got home Larry helped me take the groceries in the house. When I went to the UPS Store for our mail I picked up a package, it was so small that it fit in our mailbox. Larry had order a new volt meter off of E-bay. It came out of China and is called Smart Multimeter. After Larry opened the package he played with the meter. Before he did this he had to change the batteries because they were dead. The meter must have been turned on during shipping. 
Smart Miltimeter

In the afternoon I worked on my jigsaw puzzle for a half hour. I also worked on my annual book. Larry continued reading. We watched our YouTube videos we follow.

In the evening we watched a couple documentaries off Amazon. The first one was called The Legend of Pancho Barnes and the Happy Bottom Riding Club. It was about a high society girl named Florence Lowe "Pancho" Barnes, who turned adventurer and aviator in the 1920's and 1930's. It was a very good documentary about her struggles during that era. The second one was called The Top Secret Rosies: The Female Computers of World War II. It was a PBS documentary talking about the women, who were the human computers during World War II. They helped win the war and usher in modern computer technology. Then we watched a couple of episodes of Traveling by Narrowboat. Last night I started to watch the series Suspects but I goofed and started the third season instead of the first. So today I started at the very beginning. I also did my daily challenges. There wasn't a Solitaire Event, today.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth