Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, March 6, 2020

THursday 3-5 Back Home


We had a gorgeous day. The rain was gone and the sun was shining. It got up to 75 degrees.

We started the day off by going to town to do some errands. After driving through lots of rain on the way home from Santa Fe the car was filthy. The first stop was at Today's Car Wash to give the car a bath. As we were wiping down the car we noticed there was tar splattered here and there on the car. I thought I got it off but I had missed some, Larry was able to get more of it off. Next we went to HEB and did our weekly grocery shopping. We didn't have much on our shopping list but like always we ended up buying other items. After shopping we swung by The UPS Store and picked up our mail. Then we filled the car with gas. The last stop was the Dollar Tree to finish up our shopping. Then we went home.
Doing weekly errands

By the time we got home it was time for lunch. After lunch I laid down for a couple of hours. While I was taking a nap Larry worked on his ski boots, he is trying to figure out a way to take out some of the flex they have when leaning forward. Then he took the motorcycle down to The Valvoline Instant Oil Change to get it inspected. While he was doing this I woke up and decided to blow the leaves off the drive and front porch. We have some live oak trees and in the springtime they drop their leaves. We will have to blow the leaves away many times because the trees aren't finished loosing their leaves. The drive and porch looks a lot better.

We had told Nancy and Dan not to plan on us being at the Thursday C1 and A2 tape dance this week because we weren't sure we would be back in town. But we decided to go to the dance after all. We didn't have enough people for C1 so we didn't have to be at Sun City until 6:30 instead of 5:00. We were short one person to have two squares but we had a great time. Everyone was glad we showed up.
Square dancing with friends
We got back home at 9:00. We watched the last two episodes of the first season on the Narrowboat series. Then I watched a few episodes of Bones. Earlier in the day I did my daily challenges and The Event: Two Game Tango Mini Challenge. The event was three games of Free Cell and three games of Tri Peaks. By the time I went to bed I had came in 26th in my group. We had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth