Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Friday 3-13 Friday the 13th

It's Friday the 13th

Today was Friday the 13th. Are you superstitious? I'm not, it was just another Friday.

In the morning I did my daily challenges and the Solitaire Event: Medium Mayhem Mini. I finished the event in 10 minutes and 7seconds, by the time I went to bed I was 11th in my group. While I was doing this Larry read. 

After lunch I went to Walmart to do a little shopping. It was very busy and the lines were long including the quick checkouts. Some of the shelves were completely empty and others were low. I was lucky I could get a loaf of bread because the shelves were low. While standing in line and lady said that yesterday it was busier and customers were fighting over toilet paper. This is getting crazy. When I went to checkout my debt card was denied so I had to use my credit card. 

When I got home Larry called the credit union and found out that my card had expired months ago and I never received a new one. They said it would take six working days to get a new card. I almost never use my cards so this won't be a problem.

In the afternoon I worked on my jigsaw puzzle. 

The other day Larry bought me a ski helmet. I have been reluctant in moving to a helmet because I like wearing my Uncle Sam hat. I tried the helmet on and we sat the hat on top of the helmet, it looked good. We discussed how to get the hat to stay on the helmet. We decided that we would use Velcro. I now have another sewing project because I'll have to sew Velcro inside the hat's bill in a few places. The helmet itself is slick so we need to find a way to glue Velcro to the helmet. We thought maybe Goop would work. While I was in Walmart I looked for the Goop but I couldn't find any. Larry looked through his drawers in his workroom and found an adhesive that might work. He glued a piece of Velcro on a plastic lid and now we have to wait until tomorrow to see if it works. 

Larry worked on another project, which was to make another set of pads for his ski boots.

In the evening we watched the first season of Agatha Christie on Amazon. It was a two hour series called Agatha Christie: The Pale Horse. I like watching Agatha Christie movies but this show was not very good. It was very slow and it didn't have an ending. Afterwards we finished watching the third season of Traveling by Narrowboat. Then I watched the fourth season of Suspects. I also did 18,000 steps.


Relaxing in front of the television

The coronavirus is getting pretty bad. Lots of square dances around Texas and the United States are getting cancelled. Two or three times a week we dance with the Sundancers in Sun City. We received an e-mail from the clubs president saying that the Sun City CA Board announced that all outdoor and indoor amenities are closed until April 20. We won't being dancing for a bit. We'll have to find something else to do to keep us busy.          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth