Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, March 27, 2020

Thursday 3-26 Minnie Project and Mowing

Busy day

Yesterday, we spent an hour or so getting the Minnie ready for it's new kitchen floor. Larry removed the bathroom door and a couple of cabinets doors. He removed the toilet and the old stick on vinyl on the steps. While he was doing this I removed the old vinyl flooring. This part of the project was hard because when RV's are built they put the flooring down and then they put the walls on top of the flooring. I had to trim around the walls and the ring around the toilet. When I was doing this I had to be careful not to cut too deeply and cut the walls boards. The vinyl flooring goes into the bathroom, after Larry removed the toilet he removed the wood box that was covering the pipes and some wires. It took him awhile considering he couldn't see how the box was held in, he finally found three screws that were covered with carpet. Once he removed the box I finished removing the vinyl flooring.


The plywood under the vinyl floor in the kitchen and on the steps

Old vinyl flooring in the bathroom


The power tool Larry used to remove screws

The vinyl flooring on the steps

Over the years we have noticed the floor in the kitchen area has been flexing more and more. This morning Larry moved the Minnie to the driveway so he could use his creeper to get under it. He found a perfect place to add a bit of support. He found a square aluminum bar and some bolts that were hanging around the house to use for the project. The bar had been used for something else and already had a few holes drilled in it so he only had to drill a couple more. Once he drilled the holes in the bar he crawled back under the Minnie and put the bar up and lined the bar up with where the floor was. He drilled holes through the floor, then he put the bolts in and tightened them down. The extra support took out a lot of the flex.


It was cooler today so in the afternoon I decided to mow the yards. I mowed both yards and I also mowed the back of the backyard. While I mowed Larry weedeated. It took me an hour and a half to mow. By the time I finished I was exhausted, the humidity was very high. The temperature was 83 degrees and the humidity was 56%.


The backyard mowed
  
Last week I hung my hummingbird feeder off the back porch. The other day the nectar was gone, I figured that was because of the weather so I put more nectar in. While I was barbecuing some sausage links for dinner today Larry told me that a hummingbird came to the feeder. What a surprise because I didn't see it. When I had put the feeder out I thought maybe it was too early but I guess not. 

In the evening we watched the old Jame Garner movie Support Your Local Gunfighter. I love these old comedies. Then we watched an episode of Travels By Narrowboat. I finished watching Vexed. I did my daily challenges and The Event: Two Games Tango 10 games of spider and 10 games of Free Cell. It took me about 4 hours and I came in 23rd when I went to bed. We had another busy day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth