Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Monday 3-2 First Day of Skiing

Having fun at Ski Santa Fe

We had a beautiful day on the slopes. There was sunshine all day, in the afternoon few clouds rolled in. At the top of the mountain there was a bit of wind but unlike our last trip today was nice and warm, probably a bit under 30 degrees. We were on the slopes by 9:30 and it was not busy. We skied for about an hour before taking a break. After resting we skied for another hour and took a lunch break. Then we skied another hour and called it a day. My legs were tired.

I'm getting use to my new ski gear. Before leaving for the trip we watched a couple of YouTube videos about putting on ski boots. They were great because I took the videos advice and my feet went in very easy and my feet didn't hurt today. 

My new skies worked excellent. It took me a bit to get used to them but they're great. The skies turn easier and quicker. Larry has new boots he was trying to get use to. He said he had to lean further forward than the others and it looked like he was going to fall over the front. He also said that his feet were moving inside the boots.  He had an idea that he wanted to try to stop this from happening.

On the way back to the hotel we stopped by Walmart, we filled the car with gas and then went into Walmart and bought a mat that Larry wanted to cut up to fit under the liner of his boots. We didn't have any scissors so we bought pair. We also bought a couple of salads for our dinner.

We spent the night watching movies on TNT. They were: Maleficent, The Beauty and The Beast and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I have not seen the new Beauty and The Beast, I liked it because I like Disney movies, there is always a happy ending. We own Maleficent and have watched it a few times and I still enjoy watching it. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was a movie about a baby being born old. It was a good movie. I also did 16,000 steps. I did my daily challenges and The Two Game Tango, which was 10 games of Klondike and 10 games of Spider. We had a relaxing evening.   
 

Relaxing in front of the television

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth