Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Friday 3-27 Minnie Project and Flowers

Spring is here

We had an overcast day with wind. The temperature got up to 85 degrees and the humidity was 53%.

Spring is definitely here. Every year in the spring our live oak trees pollinate big time. They shed pollen constantly, you can spend your whole day blowing off the driveway and porches. Before starting to work on the flooring in the Minnie Larry blew off the drive so we wouldn't track stuff into the Minnie. He also blew the out the garage and the driveway after stopping for the day. We have also been tracking it in the house for days.

We spent the morning and part of the afternoon working on replacing the Minnie's flooring. First Larry finished installing the support rail for the floor. Because it was going to be exposed to the weather he put sealant around the bolt holes. He didn't want water to leak under the floor. Then he screwed the rail down with bolts. I helped him by holding the bolt heads with a screwdriver while he was underneath the Minnie tightening them up.


Yesterday, he had sanded down a support board in the Minnie, this morning he taped it off and painted it. He ended up putting on four coats. In between each coat he worked on laying the flooring in the Minnie. He started in the bathroom. This took the rest of the day, the bathroom is a small area and he had to cut the vinyl to fit around the walls and the door frame. When he had to cut the vinyl I helped by holding the vinyl. It took longer than we expected, that's ok, we're in no hurry.


Lots of corners to cut around

Bathroom before the vinyl planks

Cutting the flooring to fit

The vinyl floor installed around the toilet

The finished project in the bathroom

In the afternoon I worked out on my Gold's Gym for a half hour. I did my daily challenges. I didn't have an event to do. We watched YouTube videos.
 
Today when I went outside to water my flowers I was surprised because some of the seeds were starting to germinate. I was so excited I had to run into the house and get the camera to take pictures. It has been only three days since I planted the seeds. The seeds that are starting to germinate are the Partial Shade Seeds. This was a nice way to start the day.


Flowers starting to grow
In the evening we watched a two part series on Amazon called Going Postal. It was a movie taken from a novel by Terry Pratchett. It was a cute movie about a con artist who was conned into taking over the Postmaster job in the Ankh-Morpork Post Office. It was a comedy.

A while back I watched all three season of the Miss Fisher murder mysteries. I really enjoyed them. The last season ended five years ago but the other day Larry read they brought her back in a new movie titled, Miss Fisher & The Crypt of Tears, the movie was available on Acorn. I watched it tonight and enjoyed it. The movie had all the actors and characters who were in the original series, it was just as good.

I did my daily challenges and 20,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth